Boater Safety Course

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by oldprowler, Feb 12, 2006.

1. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    For those of you that have not gotten a boating safety class under your belts yet I recommend you give www.boat-ed.com a look. Take a couple of their sample tests from your state and see how much you really don't know. My insurance company also gives a discount if you have a boaters safety course completion card.

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I took a boater's safety course with the Coast Guard Auxillary a few years back and it was great. I was a new boater at the time and after I took my boat out the first time after finishing the course I was more relaxed than you could imagine.

I would like to see a safety course made manditory ( sort of a drivers license for boaters.) We all know there are some really bad boaters on the water.

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Good Info OldProwler
    thanks for sharing.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    So Tom, if I understand this correctly, you are offering to teach one such course at Keystone for all interested?? Is that correct??:p

5. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Tony: I am afraid that is certainly not correct. I am not now nor will I ever be certified to teach such a course. I would however venture to say that in my humble opinion asking such a question is very indicitave of your need to sacrifice some of your chat room time and invest it into taking the course on line. LMAO

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Unfortunately, when I am at work, there are too many distractions for me to focus on the course. However, I will try and go to it tonight or tomorrow while at home.