Boater Missing On Delaware

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Spider, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    News says they are looking for a missing boater on the Delaware. According to the news, one of the two guys onthe boat made it to shore and was at a ramp when authorities arrived. I'd guess they were fishing, being it was during the night. They found the boat but were still looking for the second guy.
    Hope it's nobody from here.

2. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Was that in the upper part of the Delaware, Larry? Didn't hear anything about that.

Ray

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Haven't seen anything either. I hope it turns out okay.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's just a reminder for any of us who is getting on the river this time of the year!

BE CAREFUL, use common sense and logic.:cool2:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very sad news indeed. Keep us informed on this please.

6. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Was in the Marcus Hook area, Delaware County. There is only a small article on channel 6 new site about it from earlier this morning. Pictures shows the bow of a boat sticking straight up out of th water but doesn't say if that is the boat or not. Maybe more will be on the noon news.

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    its alway bad ta hear stuff like that, and this time of year is especially dangerous with the low water temps, big rivers are nothing to play around with and then when ya factor in other boat traffic it can be a very dangerous area

8. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    There was an article in the mercury yesterday,that someone spotted a floater in the skuke,from the pawlings road bridge.They searched from the bank & from boat,but didn't find anything.They called off the search,didn't say if it was a hoax.So northport troller and crew,if you hook into a body wearing a green jacket & red hat don't cpr that one,bring him aboard
    :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::big_smile:

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i remember years ago bass fishin below pawlings and a search crew in canoe's were lookin for someone that dumped their canoe in the perk. the search team asked if we seen any floater:eek:oooh: and if we do to call. i think the body was found a few days later hung up in some brush

10. Dang! Glad I put in at 113 instead of Norristown last night!:eek:oooh:

11. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    The Phili channel 6 website has an article ( http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7090855 ) with a picyure of the boat being towed it. They don'y say much. The TV news has quite a bit more coverage.
    Apperantly, the guy had just bought this boat a couple days ago and he and a freind wanted to try night fishing. They figure the missing guy drowned but haven't found him yet. I guess, from the guy that made it to shore, they said the boat started taking on water. Looking at the boat, it doesn't appear to be a very good boat for that large a waterway. I'd be suprised if it even had a bildge pump. I just can't help thinking that these guys didn't have a clue what they were doing or what they should have had to be in waters they were in. To only have the boat a few days, then take it out at night, doesn't appear to be the brightest idea. On the news, it showed them towing the boat and it looked really rough fron the back. Deffinetly not a boat I'd get into on waters that large ships navigate. Even one of the rescue guys said these were dangerous waters and especially at night.

12. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah that boat don't look to safe.hope he turns up,but in these situations it usally don't turn out to good.

13. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Hate to see a fellow fisherman go that way.:sad2:

14. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    This is really sad...

15. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I seen something about them finding a foot in Canada too people really need to take safety on the water seriously:sad2:

16. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm guilty sometimes i take my safety for granted.