Boater Killed on Lake Norman

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RiverratSC, Jun 7, 2007.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I saw on the news where a boater was killed after eating at some place on the lake with his daughter. The gentleman that was killed was 60 years-old. His daughter was treaded and released from the hospital. The three men in the other boat are still hospitalized one with a broken neck. The accident happened at night and they were beleived to be going about 25 mph. Oh they were also said to have their nav. lights on.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The accident happen at midnight in Davidson Creek. Eyewitness claim that one boat was full of beer cans. This is the third or fourth death on LKN for 2007 and we have not even gotten into the peak season. Alcohol and boating do not mix. Night time makes it even worse. If you fish at night on any lake, watch the other guy. Be safe and wear your life jackets.

3. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    This is a crying shame. So easily this could have been prevented.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    fox news just said there was beer on both boats and speed may have been a factor.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I can't get a Fox station out of Charlotte but I can get WBTV, WCNC and I check the wedsite for WSOC when ever I hear of something like this. Earlier they were saying speed wasn't a factor and they didn't say anything about beer but that was at 4:30pm. Theres a lot more big money boats on Lake Norman and Wylie in return usually means more speed. Either way is a bad deal and I doubt it will be the last accident before the fall.

6. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thats just terriable. I feel for the familys of all involved.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    from the pictures i saw on fox the one boat was messed up pretty good. looked to me like it may have been a head on hit or slight angle towards the drivers side. they said there was a on going investigation.