Boater drowns in Osage River

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Aug 10, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    TAOS, Mo. -- The Missouri State Water Patrol says a Jefferson City man drowned Sunday when his boat flipped near a lock and dam in Cole County.

The water patrol says 41-year-old Shad Ridenhour was going into the lock and dam when he apparently changed his mind and tried to grab the dam to stop. Ridenhour's boat flipped around and he was thrown out.

The water patrol says several bystanders tried to help but Ridenhour went under and did not resurface.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Prayers to family and friends. I take it he wasnt wearing a pfd.

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Probaly not are wouldn't of drowned unless he got sucked up under the gate are something. I know i have been posting a lot about boaters drowning this year but it seems to be happening alot. It has sure made me wear my pdf this year.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    sorry to hear of a fellow boater drowning ,prayers to his family an friends

5. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  6. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i think that was at mari-osa on the osage....bad deal

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    That sucks! There some Ridenhours that live about 10 minutes away in Belle. I'm sure they are related. Prayers for the family! :sad2:

Hopefully it wasn't due to acting stupid on the water, but from what I've seen up there it wouldn't suprise me. People with their big inboards act like maniacs on the rivers around here. The water in that area isn't very deep and Bagnell hasn't been running water for a while now so not much current either.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009