Boat ????

Discussion in 'Boating' started by kycatman01, Mar 8, 2008.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I just boat a 14 foot aluminum V- bottom Jon boat. What are your opinions on it for a catfish set up? I will be using it on small rivers & creeks and on small lakes. Also, is a black light the best to use at night. I have no experience on night fishing from a boat. Thanks in advance!!!

2. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Should be great, especially if it's fairly wide. I fish small rivers and lakes around 100 acres most of the time, and I have a 16' jon with a 15 horse motor. It works great. I have a 16' lund v-bottom also, but I don't use it much around here anymore, the jon is a lot nicer fishing out of.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    This boat should work just fine in small lakes and creeks. Be sure and wear life jackets and carry all necessary safety equipment. You may want to take a buddy with you the first few trips until you understand night fishing. A black lite will help you see your fluorescent fishng line better. Thus you can see your bites. Good luck with your new boat and fishing day and night.

4. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    also think of led lights too they are easy ona battery and give off tremendous light..got on mine..

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks alot for your input, guys!!!