Boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by johnliester, Jul 22, 2009.

1. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Ok gang, I just bought a 1976 Panther fish and ski. I got it for a reaaly low price. The thing I see is it needs a flex plate. Will this be easy to find, or am I in deep doo doo? It has a 4 cyl inboard. I was also wondering if it will run slow enough to troll with? Thanks for any advice, John.

2. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Was I ever misinformed on this boat! It's a 1976 Galaxy Phantom. Thing is huge! It appears 20' long or longer with a V-8 engine in it. Does anyone have any idea what size engine this has? I hear either a 305, or a 302. Where do I look for the engine size on it? And will it make a good fishing boat, or did I screw up? Thanks, John.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    John I have no clue about inboards. Any boat can get you to the fish, some are just better suited for fishin.
    I have no idea why someone hasnt helped you, people have been quiet lately.

4. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't know much about inboards either. You might try over in the boating section and you might get a little better help over there.

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    John I would think somewhere on the top of the motor it will tell you or on the plate located on the inside of the boat.

As for inboards i personally dont like them because you have to winterize them.I fish all wither with long so if you dont have a heated grarge it sucks.

But for gas mileage they are better than a outboard.
    Sounds like a BIG boat and if you get it rig the way you like to fish and having kids it should work great for you on the lakes.The bigger the better for me on the lakes.

For trolling if you need to reduce your speed just throw out a drift sock.

Good luck with it post some pictures of it sometime.

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    If there aren't any places on the valve covers or air cleaner I would look for vin. # on the block if pos. This will tell you brand and generally size by the letters and numbers used. If you can post some pics. we might beable to help out a little better.

Later,
    Chris