boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by exile13, Feb 16, 2009.

1. exile13

exile13 New Member

State:
    kansas
    ok so I found this boat the price was right so I got it. now before I started it I took a wrench a turned the engine over with the spark plugs out, and it seems a lil tight. its a mercury 115hp an imp not real sure how easy it should turn over I guess is the question? the guy I got the boat from said he did a compression check an that was fine. my other question is does any one have a recommendation on where I should take this thing to get it lookd at round the topeka area? thanks jake

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a22::0a25::0a25:Jake Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Congrats on a nice looking boat. Enjoy.

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I would had said the Boat House but since they are out of business, I do know that Lakeside has been ok when I have delt with them in the past. I bet Tom can get you in the right direction he will pop in any time now.

PS Great looking boat!

4. exile13

exile13 New Member

State:
    kansas
    ok guys sounds good any help would be great thanks

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Where's the prop?

6. exile13

exile13 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i have it off tryn to straitn it is a bit bent

7. exile13

exile13 New Member

State:
    kansas
    or buy an other

8. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Hey Jake, remember your also turning the water pump, and part of your drive train, so it may turn over a little stiff even with the plugs out.
    Those in line six cylinders are good ol motors. I had one for years, and trolled it a million miles.

Good looking boat, congrats.:cool2:

9. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Nice lookin boat. Looks like the prior owner keep it looking nice.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats on the new boat.

11. dlsloan

dlsloan Member

State:
    Kansas
    you might try Lake Perry Marina, they just checked out a motor for me,compression test and leak down test and looked it over for under $100.00

12. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    that looks like a nice boat it looks to be comfortable, Welcome to the BOC:cool2:

13. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    I know it would be a little bit of a drive for you....but I have real good luck at Melvern Lake Marina boat shop.....

14. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats on the new boat. With your prop being bent you consider finding someone who repairs them and have them staighten it for . If it isn't ballanced it could cause your seals and gears to go out and that will cost you all more in the long run.

15. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    If i were you the first thing id do is get a good prop and try to start it if it has fuel fire and compression itll run just dont forget the muffs

16. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Man Jake, that's a fine looking boat there. Many good times ahead in that. Congrats.

17. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats gonna make you a nice catfishing rig, Congrats buddy

18. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    If you have a prop problem I would recommend Midwest Prop in Olathe by Cedar Lake. Bass pro guys from all over the midwest mail in their prop and the fix 'em up and mail 'em back.when I had a spun hub on my little 25 johnson they fixed me up and straightened it out for next to nothing...less than 10 bucks.I let em straighten the prop on my 150 Yamaha VMAX. It looks like new no nicks or anything