Boat Wreck

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by gruffy911, Aug 1, 2009.

1. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Did anyone see on the news about a bass boat running full speed into a pontoon boat over next to Spring City boat dock. The bass boat just kept going and didn't even stop to see if the people were alright or not. They caught him at the boat dock trying to get his boat out of the water. He had been drinking but did not register enough by Tn. law to be drunk but did show enough to under the influence. They showed one guy on the show that looked like his foot or leg was hurt. I hope he makes a full recovery.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard the BOC Dave. Thanks for the post!

3. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Dave, Welcome to the BOC

4. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys, and thanks to all that have welcomed me here. Everyone has been really nice here.

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC and thanx for the post!!!:wink:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dave thanks for the post. Welcome to the BOC, from Illinois. I hope no one was hurt.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

7. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If anyones interested in reading the news story, you can go to www.wrcbtv.com and type a search in their site search: Four Fishermen Survive BUI accident and live to tell story.

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the info. I cannot believe he didn't stop. Welcome to the BOC again. Been catching any fish? Where abouts in TN do you fish? I fish the cumberland river.

9. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey sarge, I live in Cleveland Tn. and fish the Hiwassie river and Chickamauga Lake, and sometimes Watts Bar. I havn't got to go fishing in about a wk now and I'm begining to get alittle crazy. I may get to go about Mon. or Tue. I try not to go on the wk end----to many boats with all the skiers and the bass tournaments. It's like trying to ride a bucking horse with all the waves. ha ha. Just don't need that anymore. I use to bass fish every Fri. and Sat. night, now I try to relax when I fish.:cool2:

10. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    gruffy I read the story and I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. That is why I don't drink on the water it is just to dangerous. If I want to drink I can stay at home and then no danger of hurting anyone else. I might hurt myself, but I can live with that on my contience. But if you ever hear "hey watch this" get your camera for american funniest home videos (you do have to split the prize when we win).

I plan on taking a trip to the chick sometime Monday or Tuesday if everything works out. I will be at the Nuke in a white over blue center console with black bimini top. If any of you ever see me come over and say hi.

Gruffy thanks for passing the story along.

11. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Mark, amen to not drinking on the water or while driving on land either. I gave that up along time ago. (crazy teenager) I wonder if they can make that guy pay for their pontoon boat? I sure hope so. Mark after seeing pics. of the fish you and EricM have been catching at the Nuke I've thought about coming down that way myself although I've been doing OK above Blyth Ferry. Those pics. are really nice of big fish. I havn't caught anything even near the size of those. I have alittle 16' Polar Kraft with a 50hp Mer., just an ordinary looking alum. boat, but I always wear that orange Bomber lure sun visor cap, so if you see that visor it'll be me. ha ha. Where to do launch your boat at? H.Bay park?

12. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    So, I am reading the story, and aside from the obvious, I am thinking,,,

a bass boat that can darn near cut a Pontoon in half and keep going??

13. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    On the show, they showed a couple of the guys that were in the pontoon boat and one of them was laying on a couch with his lower leg and foot all cut up. I'd say the bass boat went over the pontoon boat, but I really don't know. It probably messed up the bass boat also??????

14. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Gruffy yes I put in a HB usually and sometimes skull island if the weather is questionable so I have a shorter run just in case I need to bug out in a hurry.