Boat Work!

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by TOPS, Oct 17, 2008.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have been working on my boat for the most of this week, The boat being out in the elements is not good for one,my seats all got wet and rotted, I had to replace my drivers and passengers seat with my casting deck seats, I will now use folding chairs for my deck seats, I do not have the money to buy new ones. dry box was full of water? not to good a dry box, I had to take all the items in the so call dry box and let it dry out. I hope to have it fishing read by tomorrow

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    sarge thats what caused me to buy my lil boat all alumina every thing floors decks except for seats im covered good luck on you repairs

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The work on the boat is coming along, My Son-in-Law said I could use his seats from his boat to fish with so that problem is solved, I lubed the motor today,need to change the plugs,I have the plugs just have to take the time to gap them and put them in the motor.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    thats great sarge keep us informed

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top, sounds like yer fightin a battle. LOL. I almost have a bracket figured out for that fishfinder you gave me, and I did turn it on and look through all the menus plus dowloaded the manual to it. Seems like it should be just fine. Thanks bud. its better than my eagle..... its goin on the jon boat.:smile2:

6. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Welcome to the world of boating, you know....a hole in the water you dump money into.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mac, I took the boat out last Sat. It ran good, started good, the idle was ruff but I think new plugs will fix that.

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    rough idle could be from a number of things top, Take it out and after its warmed up good Tac it up! blow that dust out. LOL. Plugs will probably help, I carry an extra set with me on the boat just in case.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Did you have fresh gas?

I know this is too late to help you out with your boat seats, but for future reference, remember that you can scrounge an old waterbed mattress or two, cut them in two, and have great boat seat, motorcycle, lawnmower, etc. covers. If you can find a place that sells waterbed mattresses, check their dumpster; they often have old mattresses that they throw away, usually after cutting out the fill spout. That ruins the mattress for a bed, but it's still good for a rain cover.
    I can't offer any help on keeping your dry storage area from leaking, but to keep the contents dry, get you some of the large ziploc storage bags.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jerry, I should not have a problem with the boat getting wet any more because I now have it home, I keep the boat under my shed, at my Son-In-Law it was out in the weather.