Boat Wake

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Jul 10, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    does anyone know how this effects cats wether on spawn or not ??

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would think the only way this could effect a spawn would be to wash loose sediment up and cover the eggs to the extent the male fish couldn't keep them clean and a fungus developed. But, I doubt this happens very much at all.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I don'ty know about the spawn thing . But on the Ohio I love it when a tow boat passes. Seems all the wave and turbulances keys bites. I have caught a lot of Shovlehead while the boat was bouncing.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah but I think I have caught a stomach ulcer from dealing with to much of it tonight...LMAO:angry::smile2:

5. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    this is slightly off topic, but last weekend I was shorefishing and a boat with fishermen went by. As soon as they saw me, they started swerving the boat back and forth for a couple hundred yards. I was p@ssed at the waves that were going to come my way and they never did. I think that he used the swerving to break up his wake and I've never seen that before.

When I'm fishing in the mornings the first couple of water skiiers will stir up the bottom and the bluegill start hitting better. It's just that after the tenth or hundreth time they go by, the fish move into deeper water.