Boat trouble

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 7, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey i got a problem. I stuck my motor in a big trash can to see if it run....
    well it turn over on the 3rd or 4th try, but it only ran for about 15sec. or so. this might be a no brainer. you see this is my first boat and i can really use the info.

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    I just got my first boat also!! I went and pick up what they call ears that you hook to a water hose and and mine did the same thing so i put in fresh gas and oil and started it up I found out that if i put it in gear it ran better. So i went to the boat store and pick up a bottle of sea foam and ran it for a while now it runs good check the plugs also!!!!

><> ><> ><>

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Willie, BobPaul and BubbaKat are the outboard experts, and they will be along directly to help you. In the mean time, post another thread with the size of your motor, make and model, and if available the Serial number so they can cross reference their tech manuals if need be. Also, be a little more descriptive of the problem. Did you have fresh gas, are the fuel lines in good conditions, did the bulb stay pumped up, did it spit a stream of water from the exhaust. These little things can help them diagnosis fuel pump problems, carb problems, and water pump type problems. They will help, but I'll bet they will need more info than you posted. Off hand I'd say it wasn't getting sufficient fuel.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    its a 60 hp evanrude. its a older motor. I have some pics but I dont know how to put them on the site. you can pm me your e-mail and i'll send them to you. I tried and tried and it want go through. if you know how i'll be glad to send them to you.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Most all engines will run after being choked, because it's gas pulled into the intake manifold directly through the high speed jet. After that fuel burns off, it'll die if the gas isn't getting pulled up the the idle/low speed circuit of your carbs.

Is your's a 3 cyl engine or a really old v4 60 hp?

Post a model number.

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    One more thing Willie, your having motor trouble. You'll get around to having boat trouble at a later date:big_smile:

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thats a good one Bob.