Boat trailer guides

Discussion in 'Boating' started by crusinman2002, Mar 18, 2007.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey... i don't know if anyone has these, but they are great. i'll get some pics on here tonight of mine. they are pvc trailer guides, i was looking at them on ebay, but they are quite pricey on there. i went to home depot and picked up some 1 1/2" pvc and cut it into 2 4 foot lenghts and then i used stainless hose clamps to mount them onto the outside of the rear roller guides. it made it so much easier loading the boat onto the trailer last night, and they cost less then $10 to build. i'm looking for red lights to put on them, and that would make it even easier to see at night. but since the pvc is white, the guides show really good with little light... well... i'll put some pics on here tonight, one with the boat on the trailer, and one with just the trailer, and one with the trailer in the water.

2. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have something similar on my jon boat trailer. I bolted mine to the trailer and capped the pipe.I installed my running lights to the caps. You can put reflective tape close to the top . It will show up well at night.

3. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    sorry... no pics yet... forgot the camera when i went out... will get them soon though

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    my trailer has them on it mine are steal tubing that come up each side with a roller each and my tail lights are mounted at the top , hard not to get the boat on straight with them there

5. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I picked up two square tubes with roller guides at the local boat place. Then I bolted two lengths of white PVC pipe with end caps to each roller support. This gives you something to aim at when the water at the ramp is so deep the rollers are under water. This has been THE BEST modification to my trailer bar none. When I am by myself I just drive up on the trailer, walk up to the front deck and climb out onto the trailer tongue. Then I hook up the winch and pull it up tight. The PVC pipes are at a slight V angle so as long as the boat is between them as you pull the trailer forward the boat settles down in the correct place every time.