Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never thought about this until my last fishing trip when we witnessed a new bass boat needing a tow........Could you please tell me what "tow" companies offer towing services on the Potomac? Do any of the local marina's offer towing? Any websites, VHF channels, phone numbers, etc would be most helpful.....I would rather do the research now than when stranded on the water!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
(Boat US Angler) go to there website and look into a membership. It is like AAA but for boats that need a tow and stuff. Also covers ya on the road if you blow a trailer tire or what ever. There is some good realistic advantages for the price of a yearly membership.

In short, you break down on the water or while towing a boat. you call the number and they do the rest.

24/7 dispatch
Roadside assistance for your vehicle or trailer
Towing on lakes and rivers
Flat Tires, out of fuel, Battery jumpstarts, Lockout service

Those are just a couple of the services.pretty cheap if you ever need there services. Shoot I like the magazine they offer, bunch of good reading. Discounts on stuff, too. I just saved $19 on an anchor I got a while back.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(Boat US Angler) go to there website and look into a membership. It is like AAA but for boats that need a tow and stuff. Also covers ya on the road if you blow a trailer tire or what ever. There is some good realistic advantages for the price of a yearly membership.

In short, you break down on the water or while towing a boat. you call the number and they do the rest.

24/7 dispatch
Roadside assistance for your vehicle or trailer
Towing on lakes and rivers
Flat Tires, out of fuel, Battery jumpstarts, Lockout service

Those are just a couple of the services.pretty cheap if you ever need there services. Shoot I like the magazine they offer, bunch of good reading. Discounts on stuff, too. I just saved $19 on an anchor I got a while back.
Thanks Pip.........Just went to the website....I have a few questions for them but plan on joining tomorrow once I call.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Pip.........Just went to the website....I have a few questions for them but plan on joining tomorrow once I call.
Thanks Tim....I will definately mention that. Are the FREE memeberships the one you are giving away in the raffle after the tournament like when you gave stuff away at Smallwood?

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Never leave your vessel using these companies.
I don't know much about US Angler but there are Seatow horror stories.
I like Seatow but there are a few things you need to know concerning maritime law.
In other words, run a 80,000 dollar center console aground and call Seatow.
Get out of the boat.
They can claim your vessel whether you owe on it or not. Maritime law.
Same as a captain abandoning ship when it's sinking.
Once that captain leaves the vessel, it's fair game to the man or company that can get enough pumps onboard to save it. Don't matter who owns it or what is owed on it. You save it you can sell it back to the "owner" which is what happens most of the time.

Stay with the boat to maintain possession.
Everyone that runs a boat in tidal water needs to read up on maritime law.
Never assume that common sense prevails.
Of course there is stipulations in gaining possession of a boat in this manner.
In the case of the grounded vessel it was in danger of being lost.

Don't take the chance. Stay in possession.
I think the boat was offered back for 50,000 dollars and the guy still owed the bank for the boat on top of that regardless of whether he bought it back or not.
Simple case of ignorance of the laws. It can be costly.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never leave your vessel using these companies.
I don't know much about US Angler but there are Seatow horror stories.
I like Seatow but there are a few things you need to know concerning maritime law.
In other words, run a 80,000 dollar center console aground and call Seatow.
Get out of the boat.
They can claim your vessel whether you owe on it or not. Maritime law.
Same as a captain abandoning ship when it's sinking.
Once that captain leaves the vessel, it's fair game to the man or company that can get enough pumps onboard to save it. Don't matter who owns it or what is owed on it. You save it you can sell it back to the "owner" which is what happens most of the time.

Stay with the boat to maintain possession.
Everyone that runs a boat in tidal water needs to read up on maritime law.
Never assume that common sense prevails.
Of course there is stipulations in gaining possession of a boat in this manner.
In the case of the grounded vessel it was in danger of being lost.

Don't take the chance. Stay in possession.
I think the boat was offered back for 50,000 dollars and the guy still owed the bank for the boat on top of that regardless of whether he bought it back or not.
Simple case of ignorance of the laws. It can be costly.
thats one good thing about my boat, I dont think anyone would want it! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.