Boat Title Issues

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Army Guy, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Army Guy

Army Guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm from Missouri and recently bought a inboard motor to repair my current boat. The owner of the motor decided to give me his entire boat instead of just the motor. Turns out that boat is nicer than the one I'm fixing. The problem is it has no title. He got it from a guy out of California as a project and just let it set for a couple years. Now, can I get a title? Do I apply for a new one? Should I just stick to my original plan of pulling the motor? Any help would be great!!! :0a35:

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    in indiana all we need for a boat is a bill of sale and a police check since it is from out of state.. i dont know who you would need to talk to in mo to find out...

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This can be a very difficult process. I had a boat titled in KY and I had to drive all over the place to get it changed to Ohio!

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    David, It is doable in Texas but sure is a pain in the butt and it depends on who you get sometimes. Not sure in your state but it is sure worth a try and a few phone calls.

5. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    last year i bought a jon boat from out of state with no title.. i just had to take it and have a conservation agent inspect it.. run the id numbers on the boat make sure it wasn't stolen etc. The dmv of course needed several different documents to get it licensed but it really wasn't to bad.. just call the dmv and tell them you have a boat that the title was lost etc.. very doable situation.... good luck

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thanks for helping him out.. i think thats the info he needed .. sounds like about the same process as indiana..

7. Army Guy

Army Guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I appreciate the help. I plan on going to the DMV next week. I feel like I might be able to "get r done"