boat tax form thing ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Jan 1, 2010.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I havent registered a boat in a few years . My 14 footer used to cost 22.00 every three years , my 18 foot is going to cost me 52.00 plus some dumb ass tax form . Anyone done the tax form thing ? If so what did it cost you ?

2. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    got to register mine this year too...dont know what its goin to cost:angry:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The tax is determined by the cost value of the boat. I would suggest you leave the extras out of the declared value. Exp: Depth Finders, Trolling Motors and etc. This will be paid to Illinois Dept of Revenue. If you have an IDR office in you area they will have the forms and help you fill them out. You then will add the check and mail in.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Thanks Mick .

5. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just got done doing it last week. Just go to your DMV, and ask for a, RUT 25 form, that's the one you need, and send it and a check to Department of Revenue.

6. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It took over three months to get my boat registered. I didn't know about the tax form until after I had sent everything in. Sent the form in and later got a notice sent to me that I had a late fee due on it, because it had taken so long. They seem to get you coming and going.

7. crappieclint

crappieclint New Member

State:
    Rend lake, IL
    I think the registration tax is on boats 16 feet and longer and they go off how much you paid for it excluding any equipment. This is how it worked for me a couple years ago. I did it at a local title/notary shop.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    was it sanduskys?

9. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My boat is a 14 ft Seanymph and they charged me accordimg to what I paid for it. I pd $1000 for it and my taxes were 68 and some change. I didn't have a bill of sale, I do some place but no idea where it is after 12 yrs. All I had to due was fill out the RUT form I previously posted.