boat tags?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by bigheck, May 4, 2009.

1. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    How come some boat trailers have tags and some don't. Is it b/c of the lenght, weight? Just wondering b/c I see them both ways and I don't have one, Just making sure I'm legal.

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If the weight of the trailer and load combined is less than 2000 pounds than a tag is not required. Over 2000 pounds and you are required to tag the trailer.

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    And it was if you went out of state with it you needed one too. BUt I have never seen taht inforced in all my years of taking trucks to cars shows out of state.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have pulled boats out of state many times and never been pulled over either.

Some lenders also require you to tag no manner of weight so they will have a title on the trl.

5. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    thats what I thought, thanks for the info guys.:cool2:

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Or you can keep ignoring that letter every three months when it comes from the bank. :tounge_out:. I have ignored it for 2 years now. One more year and I am home free :big_smile:.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    here in N.C. i have to have tags for trailer i normally keep them in the boat i keep losing them off the trailer :big_smile:

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    In kansas tags are not required if the trailer is under 2k lbs or 22ft I do believe. When you go out of state you fall under your state requirments not the state you are traveling to or through.