boat tackle storage

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by catoon, Dec 21, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have a small bass boat i fish out of a lil cramped.what can i do to add more tackle storage to my boat?

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Boat stretcher ? LOL

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    my boat didn't have alot of storage either, i used to use the live well for storage, then when i started using my live well i had to come up with something else, i keep a gym bag sized bag under my dash and that holds my spare prop,tools,first aid kit,spare ropes, spot light and some other small stuff, and the bag tucks away under my dash out of site and out of the way, and even when my live well isn't being used it's still empty and not all clutterd with stuff

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    lenny lendog .who is the man behind the fish ?

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have seen folks build "drawers" under the seats and into the side O the boat, and small hatches into the floor that hold those little "flat" plastic tackle boxes.

I'll shoot you a boat site that has many home builds. Perhaps one of the ideas will work for you.

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I was faced with storage space problem also. I wanted for things to be out of the way but still be able to get to them easy. The seat boxes will hold 2 large dry boxes each and the back box will hold 6 smaller ones. The 2 seats in front of the consoles had storage to hold 4 small dry boxes under each one. On top of the big box in the back, it now has a cutting board mounted with a knife on each side. I've got photos attached in the Texas section, titled "back in business"

7. fishbreath

fishbreath New Member

State:
    Ar.
    I have no built in storage other than live well and the area behind rear seat. I found the black nylon shopping bags wallyworld sells for a buck at check out work super for tackle. I keep most of mine in plano plastic box's that are 9x14x2. I can slip them in the car truck when I stop at the store on way home for fish batter or what ever. John