Boat Sweeper

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Doyle, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just ordered a 12 volt sweeper for my boat. (RoadPro 12 Volt Wet / Dry 1 Gallon Canister Vacuum 736 $32.95 $32.95 ) I hope it will allow me to keep my boat clean while I am fishing instead of stealing time when I get home. Have any of you done this?

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    That's why I have a garden hose at home. And a boat with no carpet.

(One of these days, I'd like to meet the rocket scientist that thought putting carpet in a boat was a good idea... :roll_eyes: )

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I will have you know sir, I am a bottle rocket scientist and I have carpet in my boat and I wash it out just like it isn't there and it's never been a problem. lol Seriously, I just lift the trailer up onto a sawhorse and I have a little nozzle like a fireman's long range one, you know with a little maybe 1/8" hole in the end with it all tapered down to it. I just pull the plug and wash it down and it comes clean in about the same time as if I didn't have carpet. I carpeted my boat simply because I'm heavy footed and drag my feet around the bottom of the boat the carpet keeps things quiet. I've had several day old dried liver and stepped on minnows and I just blast 'em off the carpet no problem.

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm hoping it will pick up the scales from the shad and the junk I track in. Washing it with a hose would sure work but I'm not going to do that for another 5 or 6 years.:smile2:

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    you can't wash out the scales, those are souvenirs and you dont want to mess up that nice aroma, lol

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    If it's just dirt and leafs I use a shop vac, If it really gets nasty I drag out the power washer and give it a good hosing.

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have a 12 volt cordless wet/dry vac by Coleman that I use. I don't keep it on the boat with me but it's easier just to plug in my Shop Vac in the garage and use that. My cordless vac has pretty much become a camping item anymore.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Get a boat your not afraid to get dirty.....prob solved!!! LOL

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's what we got and it works like a charm!:lol: