boat stove

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by primitivefrn, Dec 22, 2007.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I seen a little camp stove today, a guy was showing me his deerstand stove.
    He took a roll of tolet paper and put in a coffee can and poured a bottle of rubbing alcohol in it, he light it and it burned just fine very simple. have any of you. used, such? said you have to have 70 percent alcohol and no sented. put it out by placeing his boot on top and smorthing it out. let it cool and snaped the plastic lid back on, keeps alcohol from evaperating. looked like a very simple deal and alot of posibelites. in boat inside a 5gal bucket with sand in bottom. said would burn quite awhile and only the top part of can got hot, said tolet paper lasted longer than the can which usually rusted out.
    any comments or knowledge of this such as fumes ets.
    Jim

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    As with any exposed flame in an enclosed area, you can easily get carbon monoxide, so be very careful.

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sounds like a neat idea.... but the carbon monoxide prob and open flame...
    thanks for the post....

bayrunner ray

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    It's all fun and games till there's a fire on the boat in the middle of a river or lake where the water temp is below 40 deg.:wink: Sounds like it would work, but I think I'll stick to warm clothes and fire on the bank or wing dam if I just have to have one.

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I like the idea, I think I've seen this before as a survival technique somewhere. Caution should be used. Later Andy