BOAT STOLEN at GA/SC line, help needed!?!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Aug 13, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    A freind of mine had his wifes recently purchased boat stolen right out of his driveway right on the other side of the border in S.C. near Augusta here is the info 2000 Sea Pro 170 center console with an Ocean Pro 90hp Johnson. Im posting it in here also cause more than likely they grabbed it and jumped right over the Savanna River back into G.A.

here is a photo
    [​IMG]

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Probally stolen to strip and scuttle.
    Although alot of boats stolen in the south wind up intact in the northern states with new owners and tagged properly.
    Its not hard to do being that states seldom share information on boats like they do cars.
    After a hurricane hits and floods southern states alot of those cars and boats that were flooded wind up in the northern states as well.

The states just need to start treating vessels like they do cars and run the titling through DMV instead of the wildlife department.
    That would close that huge hole.

3. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    You should have your buddy contact your local DNR or authorities. About the only thing you could do is that and give them all the information of the boat and hope for the best. Hopefully they get the boat back cause that looks like one nice ride

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Terry, we will keep our eyes open for it here in East Tennessee. We saved the picture so we could make sure if we do see it. That has to be an awful feeling for your buddy and his wife. We are really sorry and hope it is returned to them real soon. Keep a check on ebay and other sites like that.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's bad. Hope he had insurance.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Man there are some real low lifes out there, hope he recovers it soon!!!

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    That boat is either going to wind up on someone's private property or will be cut into pieces with a skill saw. With the Hull Identification Numbers you can't register it in another state, even with a fake bill of sale... it would show up on the computers. The motor will probably have the parts with the serial/model numbers swapped out with a comparable motor so it can be registered with a fake bill of sale. It is a shame the world has thieves in it as it does, and its even more of a shame the judicial system can't or won't do anything about it. Even if we practiced the (I believe) Sharia laws, the state/government would have to pay the medical bills to have the hand cut off, then the sob would probably draw social security disability. We are in sad shape. Best of luck in recovering the property. Nothing I have had stolen from me has ever been recovered.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Just in case, I will keep my eyes open on the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. Might be a long shot but it dont hurt to watch. Good luck.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear what some low life has done. Will keep our eyes open for him in this area.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks Barb for putting this up for me I appretiate it greatly:wink:

11. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana

Try and post the registration number's never know where that rig may being towed to....one of us just may see it....There's a few of them here in north louisiana.....

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    The registration # SC 5863 BH

13. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I hate to hear that. A thief is just about the lowest life form I could think of.

14. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thats a nice boat! Sorry to hear someone stole it!
    Bill

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Like Bob I too will keep an eye out up in this area. Good looking outfit .Sure how they recover it unharmed.

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah the search got more urgent as of yesterday as his insurance company will not cover the boat :angry: The dang shame is this guy is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and did not deserve this nor his wife:angry:

I do appretiate the responses and the open eyes that yall have given. Cant hurt to have a few eyes open along side with the law

17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

I'd notify both your states authority & the neighboring states authority.

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    There is a reward on any info that leads to the finding of this boat:wink: