Boat, Sport, and Travel Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Who else plans on going to the state fairgrounds this weekend? I plan on going Saturday.

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    im thinking about going sometime.. not sure when though..

3. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    I'm going one evening next week . there's one tenth the people there wed. nite than on saturday . I know I'll miss the fishing seminars , but most of them guys are just try'n to sell stuff , and I already got a couple boxes of their lures I don't use now . We're going to check out the neat new toys and get a $4 coke and be out of there in a couple hours .

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I might go sometime next week....

5. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will be out there Fri, Sat and Sun plus next weekend

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    They dont have a single simenar about catfish... But they do for Carp!!!! That just sucks!!

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I look forward to this show every year, and since I ended up not being able to attend the Indiana Fishing Expo this past time around, I'm ready to see some fishing stuff. I'll be attending this coming Saturday as this weekend is also the Deer & Turkey part of the Expo. Hopefully I will see some of you guys there-- I'll be the one dragging my fiancee around from booth to booth! She's already mad that we'll be missing the Purdue/IU game that day. :wink:

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Give a little, take a little I guess.:eek:oooh:

9. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    I should be there friday. This show gets me fired up and ready for spring

10. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    o yea i'll be the guy in the mercury hat with the handsome face:smile2:

11. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    i was talking to a salesman today from teds aqua marine, he said they are only using 1/4 of their booth space, and the majority of dealers around indy have dropped out.. said it would be wise to wait and hear a review from someone else before spending time and money to get in there for nothing.. im just going off what i was told guys, so dont hold me to this:embarassed:

i like going every year just to see all the neat new toys...

12. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Maybe they just dont know what they are missing. If they get enough requests, they may consider bringing in a Pro or two to give a seminar. If eveybody that goes up to Indy takes the time to look up the show coordinator, and makes a request, we might get it done for next year. I will make it a point to do it Saturday, and I'm takin BOC flyers with me. I will be the handsome guy wearing a BOC t-shirt and hat. Hope to see you all there, and hope you take the time to plead our case to the folks up there.

13. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    If you would rather not mess with trying to talk to someone at the show about getting some cat pro's and seminars for next year, here is some contact info. Please write them or give them a call. They are in the money makin business, if there is a need that they can profit from they will do it.

[SIZE=+1]PHONE NUMBERS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]MAILING ADDRESS[/SIZE]
    1-877-892-1723 toll free

(765) 641-7712 local
    (765) 641-7756 fax
    Renfro Productions & Management, Inc.
    6405 Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd.
    Anderson, IN 46013

14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Sounds like the Sport Boat Vacation Show last month in Louisville. They normally have serveral wings for the show & this year it was all in 1 wing.:sad2:

15. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Not going to make it up to the show, coming down with the mother of all headcolds. I hate this crap. :confused2:

16. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I just got a report from my turkey huntin partner who went to the Deer and Turkey Expo/Boat, Sport, & Travel Show. He said it was the worst that he had ever been to. The economy has kept alot of exhibitors away from the big show. He said the NWTF, and Sportin Wood Turkey Calls were about the only 2 exhibitors for turkey. The boat selection and Tackle Town were really terrible. Guess I aint missin nothin being home sick.

17. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i am home sick myself..... so i guess its a good thing i didnt come up there!!!!

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    WTH??? Im sick too... we are all in toatly different areas.. this sucks

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sounds like anyone who wasn't sick driving to Indy would have been pretty sick driving home:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
    ...W

20. kyleco55

State:
    Central In

put me on the list too...:embarassed: