Boat Set-up. NEED HELP

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bhuey29, Jun 7, 2009.

1. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    Hey all,

I have a 14' Richline and looking for Ideas for catfish set-ups. Mostly be on smaller rivers, Platte, etc.

Let me know your thoughts.

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I'd get a motor.

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    -lol....i find motors do help. either that or get some kids to paddle you around.
    -pole holders are fairly important also, i have seen some guys build them very simply out of pvc, and i have seen guys invest a lot of money in real fancy ones. however in both cases 3 to 4 of them off the back seems to be a running theme.
    -make sure you have somewhere to store the rods also....so they dont get broke in the comotion of a big ole cat.
    -picking a good depth/fish finder is very important. a lot of guys on here have good suggestions, but some are really expensive. so be ready for that.
    -check out the library on here for skipeye's red l.e.d. light upgrade. they seem really helpful and super cool also.
    -other than that i would try and have a good sized fuel tank (depending on your motors fuel consumption), a good achor (like the one Mr.T posted about in lake and res.), and some tie off ropes with karabeener clips ( so you can tie off to stumps or trees without having to anchor, and be able to quickly get untied to go after a fish if you need to)

-above all, please have life vests, and be safe out there bud. good luck.