Boat Rental

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by f155mph, Oct 22, 2009.

1. f155mph

f155mph New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is there anywhere near central Ohio that rent boat cheap? Alum want $100 for 6 hours and Deer Creek is about the same. The sad thing is that the boat is not even anything fancy, just an aluminum boat with a 9.9.

I was watching a show about bass fishing on NGO. The people were at Dixon Lake in California. They rent small aluminum boat with a trolling motor for $15/day.

I wish we have something like that around here. Bank fishing is starting to get boring.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    At $100 per 6 hours you could buy a aluminum jon boat after about 10-15 trips, which for me would be about half a year...haha...

i would check on google and if nothing turned up i would look on craigs list for a cheep used aluminum boat and just fork out the lump sum and forget the rentals.....thats what im going to do...i have seen them for anywhere from $1200-2500 with motor, tailor, trolling motor....not real fancy, but good for fishing...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    All these boat rentals seem to be ridiculous on pricing.

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its not in central ohio, but near harrison ohio there is miami-whitewater forest. I think it is like $10 a day(all day), and from what I hear this is one of the best kept secrets in the state of ohio. Supposedly there are allot of nice blues in this little hamilton county parks lake. You cannot put your own boat on this little lake though.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Charles Mill Lake might not be considered "central" but their rates are cheaper than that.

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    how many people you planning on fishing out of it??

I'ts technically not "renting" a boat, but over the last few years I've given other members a few dollars to help split the fuel and such, and they were more than happy to take me out on the water. Skippi2use has been one of my favorite "guides". I can honestly say I have never been skunked in his boat. the way he watches his fish finder, you are going to catch something:smile2:

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You actually can put in your own kayak and canoes there. I can attest that lake is nice. I caught a 14.5lb blue out of there this spring bass fishing in my kayak.

8. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    ya supposedly u can rent power boats at whitewater forrest but i heard 60 or 65 bucks... ten for the crappy canoes like at lake isabella

9. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just get a 50# thrust trolling motor and a battery and rent a row boat. Throw it on the back and your set. You can probably get both off craigslist for under the price of two boat rentals at alton.

10. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya, sorry I forgot about that. Also we got the row boat and did exactly that, put trolling motor on it. There have been 40-50#'s caught out of there that I know of. I have only fished it once. Really it is small enough though you can get by with the row boat though.

11. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am by no means a "guide", but split the gas with me and we can fish one of the best fisheries in the country. The ohio river. Or if you want fish to put in the freezer brookville lake. There are far better fisherman out there than me, but I do like to get out there with new people. I have only been out with one person from on here that I will NEVER fish with again. 99% of the time it has been a great experience.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm fishing this lake very soon, I hope it isn't very expensive to rent a boat with an electric engine. I'm be moving sloooooooow if I have to use the rows. :smile2:

Whitewater has a great flathead population of 14%, blues are at 9% if I remember right. http://www.greatparks.org/conservation/2005_Miami_Whitewater_Lake_Public_Summary.pdf

But look at lake Isabella, that flathead and shad ratio seems crazy http://www.greatparks.org/conservation/2006_Lake_Isabella_Public_Summary.pdf

13. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If your planning on getting a boat with an engine there you are going to need to bring an electric trolling motor. The boats with motors cost about 50+ an hour I think. Both lakes are really really small though so your not going to die even if you have to row.

BTW I would not buy those numbers at all. Before I had my boat I fished white-water probably at least 100 times because i could put my kayak in there. I caught some nice crappie, nice bass a ton of nice channels but never caught a single flat any of the times I went there. They are in there but they are not common to catch at all.

14. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Watch out i may take ya up on this one...hell id pay for all the gas :cool2: