boat ramps

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by mr.seaark77, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    anybody know of any boat ramps near north bend or is tanners the closest one.

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think right now Tanners is the closest that is open. I doubt Public Landing is any closer. Riverside and another private marina that you pay a yearly fee are closed I think.

3. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    Constance Marina is next to the Anderson Ferry. He pulls his docks out during the winter so it's tough to launch by yourself and the fee is $10. You might have to clear some logs and deal with mud there during the winter too. I just checked it out on Earth and it looks like it splits the difference with Tanners which is free. Both are a little over 8 miles away.

4. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was thinking the same thing i didnt know if i was just over looking one or not i fish alot out of tanners looking forward to seeing what its going to look like when thay our done with it .

5. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Two places that I spend a lot of time during the winter, Tanners and New Richmond,Ohio if it gets real cold tanners can get a bit tricky to get out of because of the ice but the duck hunters are usually there and have busted a path out to the river, with the building of the new ramp this should really be good for us.

New Richmond seems to be a Bluecat magnet during the winter time I have caught a bunch of nice fish in that area, lots of bait, water is a tad warmer because of two power plants in the area, Beckjord is idle but they always are generating water to some point from there. They overhauled there ramp a couple of years back so it is much better but if the river is up it puts a ton of mud on the ramp when it drops down, Have shoveled many a time there just to get the boat in the water.

Neville is a hit or miss they lock those gates up and you can't get in there.

I may work the Portsmouth area a lot this winter too it's another BlueCat haven, you can launch from the Shawnee Ramp and bait is right there in the Marina.

Once I get the lower unit replaced on my boat I'll be back on the water, that should be here in January ................Doc

6. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks doc for the info i plan on fishing down that way more this winter if i can get healed up from surgery and that cant happen quick enough hope to get out in about 3 or 4 more weeks .

7. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    Good post Doc - thanks.

Man, I hope your new lower unit is going on the old boat - you didn't mess up that pretty zuki did you?

I know the fish move in to the KY river in the winter when the big O gets high and fast. I always thought the same pattern would hold true for the Licking but I've only searched it once with no luck. I'm 15 minutes away from Fredrick's though. Anybody ever found the blues in the Licking during the winter?

8. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Scott,

It's the Suzuki, lower unit has a 10 inch crack along the cavitation plate, I'm going to have the new one installed and I'm taking the old one to work and weld it up and put it in storage in my basement, boat has been down since November 1st, lower unit arrived at the dealership on December 17th but they said they were closed till January 18th so I have to wait to get it installed, I could put it on myself but that would void the six year warranty on the motor, talk about going crazy I love winter fishing.......................Doc

9. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    My wife and me was there Wensday and the marine was just about locked up with ice busted about a 1/4 inch to get out to river. It was slow fishing but the river dropped about three foot while we was there.I would say its locked up by know with the weather.

10. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Just so you guys know. The past few days the public landing has been closed. I am not sure if it still is, but it was last week.

11. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Tanners Creek today was beginning to freeze over. Duck Hunters and DNR had busted a path out before FishMonster and I put in, but it had started to freeze over again by the end of the day again. Won't be long til we will have to use Rising Sun, Public Landing, or New Richmond.

12. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    If Lawrenceburg would have allowed them to put that new generating plant on line tanners would never freeze open, heard that the plant was too loud noise wise.................Doc

13. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    tanners had froze over even with the duck hunter going through in the morning before me i had break ice going out and coming back in.