Boat ramps on the Mississippi

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    My fishing hotspot map shows that there is a ramp just below the L&D 26 on the Missouri side. I was wondering if this is correct?
    I know that there is a ramp at the Alton Marina and one across the L&C bridge on the Missouri side and another up at Piasa Creek.

I was also wondering if you can launch on the Missouri side with a Illinois License.

Gonna go give the Mighty Mississippi this weekend if any one wants to give up their Honey Holes.

2. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

Indeed there is a ramp there. Used it many times. It is made of concrete, in good condition and has adequate parking. The launch pool can get full of junk at times but usually clears out pretty quick.

You can surely launch on the MO side with an IL license...bringing fish back might be another story. Just not sure. But you were gonna CRP anyhow...right?:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    CPR on BIG FISH but I sure would keep a couple of 5 to 10 LB for the frying pan. I live in a travel trailer so freezer space is at a premium.. I am pretty sure from what I have read I can launch on the Missouri side and load out on the Missouri side but I have to use Missouri regs as far as limits and I can't fish the tributaries. but can fish the back water.
    I need to get a Missouri license and then there want be anything to worry about.

4. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I just paid 40 bucks for a mo license, now i do not have to worry aabout it. You ever take the boat out Dan?

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are headed down to Pomme de Terre tomorrow afternoon for a couple nights of camping/boating. That will be her shake-out cruise. I'll get her in the river shortly there after.

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    where you staying at pomme?

We used to go down during the summer and stay at the sunflower resort.

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

We are camping in the Hermitage Campground. This was kind of a short notice trip so most places we checked with cabins we booked up. I'll have to check out the sunflower...was it nice? Any Pomme tips? I hear it is not the best for cats. We are gonna let the kids catch a few gills (bait) then look for the kitties.

8. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    the sunflower is nothing special but it has what you need. The rooms we stayed in had stove tops full sized frig heat/ac full bathroom and 2 queen sized beds. They also have a covered boat dock that is just down the bank from the cabins which is really nice so you don't have to pull the boat out everytime.

We fished mostyl for crappie and bass. There is a big mud flat with some nice breaks and drop offs that we caught a lot of fish. We would drift minnows across it then troll back across. There is also a lot of flooded timber that will hold crappie. As far as cats I have no idea. We only really ever fished for them off the dock and never really caught much. We did catch some big drum which is just as fun.