Boat ramps on Muskingum?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Joey6500, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can anyone point me towards some ramps south of zanesville????
    South of Duncan Falls??
    Do you have to be a member of the Muskigum boating association to launch at there ramp????

HELP!!!!!!!
    Thanks

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Isn't there a campground just south of duncan falls with a boat ramp? i think you might have to pay for a campsite, but i bet the owner would take an annual fee just for the ramp if ya talked to him......

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    down around Gaysport.. there are a couple of places down that way and even below, they will let you launch last I knew for around a 5 dollar charge....rollo

5. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know of a couple private ramps south of Morgan, I might be able to hook you up on them as well,, rollo

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

Damn Dude, I'd give you rep points! That is the info site for the entire Muskingum. Good post!

8. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rep'ed ya, Jason - there's some good info there, not to mention some interesting reading on the river history...

Great link!

9. Johner

Johner New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The ramp below McConnelsville East side of River part of the park system parking and excellent launch ramp RRs available.
    Malta ramp just above the bridge parking RRs picnic tables, docks, Captain's lounge-Good Food & Spirits
    Stockport just below the dam RRs and locks plenty of free parking (might see the bald eagles).
    Gaysport charges $4.00
    McConnelsville just below old bridge free I believe.
    Ramp above Stockport on the West Side of the river in and out for $2.00 this is near my cabin and the one I use all the time.
    Muskingum parkway has a lock at each dam and you can lock through for a fee (open weekends, I Believe).
    Good fishing and scenery.