Boat Ramps Lakes Badin & Tillery question

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Oct 18, 2007.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    If some you guys don't mind tell me what ramps on Badin and Tillery you can put in a 25 foot pontoon. Keeping in mind I am new to pontoons. Thanks

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    On Tillery, any ramp is OK since the lake is close to full. The wildlife aramp off Lake Tillery road or Swift Island off 24/27(hwy. 73) is good too. On Badin, I would use Alcoa, but ramp is steep, or I would put in at Badin Shores Resort. not sure if that one is for public use though. might want to check before you show up. see ya

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    badin shores is not public. water level is down close to 7ft at badin too. alcoa should work for you but be careful. i been seeing toons put in though.

4. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    mine is 24 ft Iput in badin at alcoa last saturday with no problems ramp is
    a little steep, the ramp at old whitney is easier to load and unload boat. youll see that when you leave ramp the water will shallow up just past bouy but you should not have any problems.

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Where is the old Whitney ramp. On what road

6. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    from town of badin take 740 torward new london to whitney road turn right (youll see old whitney boat ramp sign) and follow to end. the water is out to end of dock so you can not pull beside dock but you can pull up to end of dock. at alcoa ramp you can pull beside dock.

7. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    i use the ramp on lake tillery rd, i have a 24' pontoon. ramp is very easy and not a high traffic ramp.