Boat ramps in Texas rivers

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Nov 22, 2006.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was wondering if any one else has trouble with the boat ramp that they use in their local river. It takes forever to get our's cleaned out after a flood. The way the river runs it piles sand up on the ramp and it's really getting bad now. The sand is getting piled up farther out in the river due to some work that the rail road did to stop their bridge from washing out. I have call everybody I know to call and if there is anyone out there that might know someone else to call please let me know. I have call the TPWD which the sing by the road says that they own it, but if you call them they say they don't. I've sent e-mail to austin TPWD. I call the DOT, Sheriff dept, The local city dept. I'm at a loss. I get very little concern from anybody. HELP!

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Seems as though I have heard the Corps of Engineers is responsible for all navigable rivers. Think I would give them a shout and see were I you. Course, stories we have heard about Texas is you guys are so dry the illegals don't even get wet crossing. LOL

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Awshucks your are right. The Corps of Engineers are the ones who keep the rivers navigable but they do not own the ramp to get into the river. The Texas Parks and Wildfife dept own it. So since the TPWD will not clean out the ramp it don't look good for the future of my catfishing. I was told by a game wardon today that he will turn in a form to Austin to get it looked at but he said to not hold my breath. I will have to find a new place to fish till a flood comes.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am sure the Corp of Engineers can light a small fire under the TPWD, just by making a suggestion some action be taken. I can understand the TPWD hesitation, as it is senseless to spend money today to fix what nature MAY fix tomorrow. However, I read somewhere where we are supposed to have entered the first year of a 10 year drought, in which case your river may not flood for quite some time. Got any kids with sand buckets? LOL

5. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    AwShucks, well I sent a letter to the corps of engineers "my local office" and told them everything that is giong on, everbody I spoke to and everything I was told. I ask them to help if they could or at least call some one to see why the ramp were is such bad shape and see if it could be looked at. I guess I will hear back from them, I hope anyway. Thanks for the advice. And don't think I have not though about digging the thing out my self!!! LOL Sand buckets That would be a trick. :)