Boat Ramp in Lexington Mo.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by katcatchingfool, Mar 24, 2008.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Is there a Boat Ramp in Lexington if so does anybody fish around that area.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    There's a really nice ramp in Lexington. I fished that stretch almost exclusively year before last, but last year I fished around Cooley Lake access more since it's closer to home.

It's a good stretch of river with a little bit of everything for structure and features. Let me know sometime if you want to meet up and fish it, I see me spending more time there this summer.

3. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    I was just wondering if there was any good fishing around those stomping grounds. My sister said she lives 9 miles away from the river and her son wants me to take him fishing this year.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    There's good fishing - the fish in Robert's (fishingbuddy4) avatar came from there and I've hit some nice fish in that stretch. The set liners hit some nice ones as well. There are a several feeder creeks coming in in that area so bait is usually not too hard to find. If that stretch of river isn't to your liking there are a couple of other ramps (Waverly, Cooley Lake, Fort Osage) within 20 or 30 miles of it.

5. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    thanks guys for the info! if i do run up that way i will deffeniatley get ahold of you Brandon and see if you want to go with us.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    When are you going ,to lexington?

7. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    it will be some time this summer i have to save up some money to be able to make the trip!:smile2:

8. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    go above the rock bank above lexington on the left side of the river. Its forty foot off the end of the dike with a nice flat above it. you can see the railroad tracks from it. good luck I caught a 50+ there.

9. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    THANKS FOR THE INFO JUSTIN, I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO FISHING ALOT OF NEW WATER THIS YEAR.:wink: