Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
There's a really nice ramp in Lexington. I fished that stretch almost exclusively year before last, but last year I fished around Cooley Lake access more since it's closer to home.

It's a good stretch of river with a little bit of everything for structure and features. Let me know sometime if you want to meet up and fish it, I see me spending more time there this summer.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering if there was any good fishing around those stomping grounds. My sister said she lives 9 miles away from the river and her son wants me to take him fishing this year.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
There's good fishing - the fish in Robert's (fishingbuddy4) avatar came from there and I've hit some nice fish in that stretch. The set liners hit some nice ones as well. There are a several feeder creeks coming in in that area so bait is usually not too hard to find. If that stretch of river isn't to your liking there are a couple of other ramps (Waverly, Cooley Lake, Fort Osage) within 20 or 30 miles of it.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the info! if i do run up that way i will deffeniatley get ahold of you Brandon and see if you want to go with us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
go above the rock bank above lexington on the left side of the river. Its forty foot off the end of the dike with a nice flat above it. you can see the railroad tracks from it. good luck I caught a 50+ there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.