Boat Ramp Evening of Fishing

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Lawyer33, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Lawyer33

Lawyer33 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    In the thread Fishing in October, there was some good advice on fishing at boat ramps where the guides and others throw out their left over bait. Got me thinking that it might be fun to have a date where we get together at one of the open ramps for an evening of fishing. I suppose this is not possible if they close the ramps at night. Do they? Would we have any luck in the day? Would have to deal with boat launches. Could go to a closed ramp, but you lose the benefit of the bait throw aways, since nobody is using the ramp. Just a thought.

2. Lawyer33

Lawyer33 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Guess I should add, I was thinking of a Lake Lanier boat ramp.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    With the move looming large Im not sure if I could make it but dont count me out!!! How bout it anyone down for some late afternoon ramp fishing??? As far as the ramps are concerned Ive always found shoal creek to be the best as when the water drops most of the bigger striper boats are launching out of this ramp and in turn means more reasons for the catfish to stick around. Ive even caught some magnum sized spots but only a few short yards from the ramp this time last year:tounge_out:

4. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    I would recommend an open ramp. Most boat ramps stay open for boat launching all night but the parks normally close at 10pm. That still allows plenty of time for some good night catfishing!

With the lake so low boat launches are not a problem, you can just fish out of the way to either side of the ramp, the cats will be there! Not to mention there are not that many boaters on the lake right now, just the fishers.

The best bite is at night.....but you can catch them during the day, I caught this one today(at 3pm) on a cut BB while I was holding the rod, didn't even have time to put it in the holder:
    http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk153/Yakdawg/Kitties/100_0530.jpg

I will make it if I can! Going to a fishing tourney in Sav this week, but plan to try the night bite at the ramp next week sometime, I have a few frozen Herring I have been saving!

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey Yak, If you're coming to the gathering this spring you can tie a rope to my boat and I'll pull you up the river. :tounge_out:

6. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Where is the spring gathering? Sounds like fun to me!