Boat question

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by tammeej, May 8, 2008.

1. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a 10 foot Jon boat that i am going to use with only a trolling motor.Do i need to have it registered?

2. whines83

whines83 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yes it has to be registered.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Hey! think of the bright side. It'll have to be listed on your property taxes every year. You'll never get it paid off.:smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, sorry about that. You will not regret it though. Fishing from boat will greatly increase your catch

5. DPDE17

DPDE17 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It only has to be registered if you use the trolling motor. If you use paddles or oars then you can avoid registration and taxes. Atleast you wont have to pay the money to have it titled. Anyway you do it going on the boat will be more fun and get you to places that cant easily be fished from shore.

6. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    TY all.Damn i was hoping i didnt have to lol.I have a bigger boat but im just going to use this in places i cant launch my big boat.LOL Markj

7. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    YEP SURE DO. GOT TO HAVE THAT LITTLE WILDLIFE YEAR STICKER AND NUMBERS TO SINK IT IN THE WATER!! BELEIVE ME I KNOW CAUSE I RECEIVED A TICKET FOR NO REGISTRATION AND FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH NC WILDLIFE REGULATIONS, IN 1995 FOR A 12 FT JON BOAT. SUCKERS COSTED ME $1200 JUST FOR PUTIN A JON BOAT IN THE RIVER.:angry:

8. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    WOW 1,200.00 ??? why so steep?

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I think that was $120.00

10. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    whew was worried lol, but i will have to register it now.Im just going to use this in queens creek in swansboro for drum and trout and some flounder when im not fishing for cats.Getting the catfish gear ready though because they have been biting pretty good in the neuse lately.Just need to get my big boat back from its 20 hour check up :angry: