Boat question

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Dav1, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Dav1

Dav1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I am currently in the market for a new boat. My question is since most of my fishinf is in the Missippi will I be better off with a boat with a 15 degree hull or a 3 degree hull. I will be in some of the lakes around also and they can get quite shallow. I am looking at the rivercat series. Any info will be appreciated.

David

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    either one would be fine i prefere the v bottom

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The 15 degree hull will give you a much smoother ride when the river is rough.Before you buy, take time to check out the SeaArk boats. They are a sponsor of the BOC.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    does the 15 degree bottom and the 3 degree draw about the same water? Later Andy

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have a 2072 pro with a 15 degree hull and a 115/80 jet. It draws about 10 inches at rest and 4-5 inches on plane. I would definitely recommend the SeaArk 15 degree.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If you're looking for the smoothest ride in rough water you better go with the 15 degree hull.

7. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I have a SeaArk 2072 pro center console with the 15* hull. I do 90% of my fishing on the Mississippi river just below where the Ohio flows into it. Sometimes it can get really rough in a short amount of time. It has handled it all very well. If something ever happened to this one I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.