Boat Question- What would be your dream catfishing boat?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by billNpam, Oct 2, 2007.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    If price was not a worry, all you had to do is go get it. What boat would you choose and why?

2. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    If money was no object i would buy a Lund hands down.

4. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Johnny,
    I have never owned a LUND but I have always wanted one.they seem to be sturdy and well built.

nice looking too.

5. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I dont think I will ever own another fiberglass boat..they are great till you hit something or they get a few years on them..take a look at a boat dealers back lot..its always full of old fiberglass boats..with absolutly no value at all..more than likely you wont find a single alum. boat in the line..I have a alum. flat bottom boat that is over 40 years old and its still as good as new..

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Put me in the Lund camp...one of the big, dual console models, with full canvas.

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I love my new 2072 SeaArk w/ a 115/80 Yamaha jet.

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Could I just keep my little 15' smokercraft with a 40 year old Johnson, and sell Shawn's boat and use the proceeds to buy fuel for my truck to go to all the place's I want to fish?

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'd have to have a 2072 SeaArk...

10. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I would have to go with a custom weld boat. The best looking boats I have ever seen.

11. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well I like the Basstracker V-18 All fish with a 115 OP Max.

12. Nomdic1

Nomdic1 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I will be ordering my dream boat this weekend. I getting a Seaark 2472 v-pro. 30 gallon belly tank, 40 gal livewell, 8 foot rod box, 150hp e-tech, custom forward mounted walk through windshield. All in duckbrush camo, with spray in interior. Can't wait.....:big_smile:

Will supply pics when it comes. Should take 2-3 months:sad2:

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think I would have to go with the Weld Pro 2072 with the 16 degree bow. That is one awesome boat! Now all I have to do to have one is win the lottery. Does that mean I have to buy a lottery ticket?

14. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota

Attached Files:

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Boy, asking a question like that is like asking whether blondes, brunettes, or redheads are the prettiest. It's gotta depend on the waters you fish. If you're gonna be taking the boat back into stumpfields and barely submerged timber, you've gotta go with an aluminum hull. Period! And I think a flatbottom is better than a V-bottom in such situations; they will definitely take less water to operate. But aluminum gets hot enough during summer here in the south to blister you if you are careless in touching it with your bare skin; in the north, in sub-freezing weather, you have to be just as careful, or you'll end up frozen to your boat. So, if I'm not gonna be banging the heck out of the bottom, I'll vote for a fiberglass hull. The first question is, just like for the aluminum hull, do I need a flatbottom for shallow water, or a V-bottom to handle rough water. You can get a flats type boat from Kenner or Carolina Skiff that will float in 8" of water with the engine up, while a V-hull will need twice that depth. Either type bottom will let me fish the Mississippi River in safety, but if I should take the notion to trailer the boat down to the Gulf of Mexico, the V-hull will let me go further offshore in greater safety. There are some pictures below of a 20' Robalo deep-V almost exactly like the one I had and took over 30 miles out into the Pacific in 12' waves. Size? At least 19'; 20' is better; and since price is no object, I'd probably have to go with something about 23' or 24' long, with twin engines in case one stopped running.

Attached Files:

16. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Well, before I found this http://www.toughboats.com/ I would've said a SeaArk River Cat. But from what I've heard and read I'd have to go with the Triumph just because of how tough they are.

Jon

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  18. Skimmer

Skimmer New Member

State:
    Va.
    Just got my dream boat 2 weeks ago, 1860 RHINO with a 90/65 mercury jet.

RHINO.JPG

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would special order a Okwaka built to my specs put a 150 or so on it and away I would go

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC