Boat Projects

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by BIG_D, Dec 9, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    as most of you know i just got a project boat i thout it would be nice if every one thats got a boat project going on would tell us about it your plans show some pics and just plain swap ideas its ben to coled for me to get out and realy smoke my boat over first desent day i have im gona get out and clean the inside up i will take pics so you can all see what im up agenst ok yall lets start posting and slinging plans and ideas out on the table post pics too we all love pics:wink: Bill from SC i never did see a pic of your boat after it was done help me out and post a pic and get the ball rolling:wink:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good Luck Dallas!

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
  4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    boat projects take lots of luck, Keep us updated brother

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Biga thats going to be a nice boat mine is a deep v as well i realy like the deep v's i have fished on deep v but never had one till now always wanted one and finly lucked up and found one

6. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Good luck on the projest Dallas. I too have a deep V boat project started as well. It's a Stingray ski boat that I want to convert into a fishing boat. Gonna take lots of time, engineering and money but i'm determined to get it finished by Summer. I'll post pictures of my progress when I can.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well it finely warmed up so i could go smoke the boat over and see what all realy had to be done to restore it

well first thing i desided was to trash the old motor and get a newer one the lower unit has a crack in the side whear its froze and busted no prob it just made up my minde rather i was rebuilding or geting anuther

at first glance whean i got the boat i thout id have to rewire it all but its not as bad as i thout the harness was just took loose i thout the moorrons had cut it but thats not the case its just unpluged but im still going to go thrue it with a fine tooth combe to make sher its all good

think i will put new gas gages and what ever uther gages it has as the glass on the old ones is hard to see thrue

it has a seat on each side in back thats molded into the fiberglass im gona frame in thease two seats and make storege boxes out of theam

the gas tanke goes up under the front so im gona mount all my batterys up under the back in front of the builge pump

im still ponderring on the bait tanke placement

mabe i can get some pics of what im up agenst tomorrow i will take pics from beginning to end i know you guys are like me like thoes pics

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Got to get a new motor before I start doing anything the trolling motor does good enough to run jugs and fish the litttle river I fish will post some pics of my beat up ole john when I can tho ! :wink: