Boat pic's

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by George walker, Aug 12, 2008.

1. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Iv'e been gone a while, It's good to be back, I bought an old boat and made it float. Here are some pic's when I first got it.

Attached Files:

2. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The frist thing I did was put a new transom in it, I used marine plywood.

Attached Files:

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    lookin good do you have a motor already for it if not get a hold of me i have one perfect runnin condition but only a 9.9 but its electric and pull ropen new water pump nice:cool2::big_smile:

4. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My son who returned from Iraq (thank the Lord) painted the boat camo.

Attached Files:

5. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I built a casting deck using 1-1/2 aulm. angle.

Attached Files:

6. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I put a floor in and ran my wiring along each side of the boat using 3/4 inch pvc.

Attached Files:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Project looks like it is coming along well, congrats! I praise that boy of yours and I am happy that he made it home ok. God Bless and good fishing

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,boat is looking good.

9. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I made a platform to scure the battery boxes too, alum. angle on each corner then I selftap each corner to the bracing on the bottom of the boat. (note all self tappers and bolts are stainless)

Attached Files:

10. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Switch pannel and ground bar, I have two batteries,my trolling motor and rear anchor wench are wired to one battery with breakers. the other battery runs lights,pump fish finder, ect. with fuses in switch pannel.Switch for anchor wench is located under storage led on casting deck. Trolling motor switch is the plug on the deck. Both batteries are hooked together with welding cable. (12 volt) Storage for batteries is under casting deck.

Attached Files:

11. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Casting deck complete, switch pannel is on right door, chair and pvc rod holders.

Attached Files:

12. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here it is, lets go fishing.

Attached Files:

13. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    looks like a fine job. I am sure you will catch a lot of fish out of that one.:big_smile:

14. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All I have to say is WOW!!! You have done this right and it looks great to me. I have one i need to do this too and you have given me several ideas to use on mine. Thanks for the post on your boat. Rep to you for it.:big_smile:

15. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    WOW George!! that lookes really good. congratulations!! :big_smile: I am sure it feels good to step back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

16. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Great job on the boat. You put the work in on it, now go reap the rewards!! Hope your first catch out of her is a PB!! ENJOY!! :big_smile:

17. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the offer, my motor seems to be running fine at this time, I'll keep you in mind.

18. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    great job thats a good looking boat reps to ya thanks for the post you gave me some good ideas im going to be looking for a fixer uper in the next year or so and this will help me its nice to take some ones crap lol and make something nice out of it and one good thing about doing so is you can do what you just did make it just like you want not the way a factory wants it :cool2:

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the pics of your boat overhaul. You did a fine job and she will perform well for you. Congrats.

20. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    dedication,time,and,effort nice job!