Boat Pics - Inside

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SmokinBarrel, Sep 1, 2009.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    I finally got pics of the inside of my new boat. I had it out on the lake this past weekend and was very happy with its performance. Only a few things I wish I would have added or done differently. But that's the case with any new buy. But, the things I wish I would have done differently or added came at a cost, so overall a great transaction.

1. The forward (in front of windshield) deck has two lids, front is for storage of anchor, rope, etc... and is very roomy. Second is a dead well, or live if you add a aerator. Also, I had them install a pedestal base at on the front deck.

2. The suspension seats take large waves and cushion the ride. Actually, this was most impressive during my lake ride, unbelievable. You could cruise along all day without any fatigue.

3. A LOT of room behind the drivers and passengers seats for working fish - catfish. I could use lawn chairs and still have plenty of room to work fish.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  2. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      22.6 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      16.3 KB
      Views:

3. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
  4. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dennis,
    Very nice boat!!! not to many NorthWest style boats here in MO.
    Did you get the top with sides and a back curtain, they work very nice when the weather gets cold.
    I have a North River Commander and had to go to Oregon to get mine. I always wonder when someone in MO is going to start selling these style boats.
    Enjoy that beautiful boat:smile2:

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Very nice boat. Judging from the pics it wouldnt take much to enclose the cabin for winter fishing. Hope you are able to enjoy it for many years.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Man that is one nice boat. I would love those supension seats. I like the way the boat is laid out. Congrats.

Tom

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Pretty freaking sweet Dennis! I keep thinking of you because I'm currently in WA state staying in a small town where the Columbia meets the Pacific. The salmon are running and every one has a bat like that.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
  9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Man that is one nice boat.

10. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Plenty of room for that big one. Great looking boat for sure.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dennis thanks for sharing the pics of an Awesome boat. I love all that room.

12. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
  13. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for the compliments. It is a very nice boat and it was a hard decision. It was between SeaArk Procat and Hewescraft, and I chose the NorthWest style boat (Hewescraft 22' ET SeaRunner).

A very difficult decision!! I paid a little more than I budgeted, but I am very very happy with the boat. It will serve dual roles, as a fishing and pleasure boat for cruising around and enjoying the river or lake(s).

I plan to give it a go on the Mississippi River Thursday night, if I can get the rod holders installed. Also, I need to get a GPS/Sonar. I was going to fit it with the HDS 8, but I used the money for an additional option. Soooo, I may have to get a less expensive depthfinder/fishfinder until I save up the $$$ again.

And, my plan is to get the boat paid off in 5 years, so after that period, I may consider upgrading to a Yam 225. But, I am totally happy with the Yam 150 performance. I just like to go fast! :smile2:

14. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Awesome boat. Now you just need some rod holders.

15. Wiggins

Wiggins New Member

State:
    Missouri
    that's more like a house than a boat bubba! What isn't included with that thing! and given the fact in my last post I commented that my boat didn't have cushy seats.... I now know where there at! You got em!!! nice, nice, nice boat.... enjoy it!

16. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Good luck with the new boat Dennis.... I remember when my boat seemed empty.... but an 18 ft runs out of room real fast.... Nice to have a bigger boat... but then there is more wheels to take care of ...LOL

Here is a pic of my 18' NorthRiver "seahawk"....with the "all weather siding" installed.....(drove to northern cal to get it)....

Again, enjoy your boat... and get a good gps unit.... helps on the way home or getting back to where you traveled...:wink:

Bayrunner Ray

17. rjb

rjb New Member

State:
    mo
    i gotta admit. i bought a procat and after seeing the hewescraft i know i completely screwed up. very nice boat man. do the suspension seats swivel? on your rod holder dillema i would have got the low profile downrigger mounts around the back of the boat. it would look proffesional and be easy to attach driftmaster or titelok to and you wouldnt be drilling in your boat.

18. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    great looking boat! thank you for sharing the pictures.

19. Rodbolt

Rodbolt Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Larry
    I know this is a very old thread but I recently purchased an older Hewes Craft SeaRunner and have questions for Dennis or whomever may have his boat. He hasn't posted for some time and his PM box is full. Does anyone know if his boat (SmokinBarrel) is still around?

Thanks!

20. truman13

truman13 Active Member

State:
    warsaw, mo
    Name:
    Lloyd
    nice looking ride hope the best and enjoy the ride