Boat name down to three choices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sds888, Nov 16, 2006.

Boat name

1. The Swamp Fox

2. The Sly Fox

3. The Dixie

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    As most of yall know by reading the last thread I am suppose to get a new boat today but now it probably is going to be tomorrow due to all the rain they were able to finish it. I have been looking for a name for it because i believe it has to have a name before my madien voyage on it or it will be bad luck. I have always done that in the past. Well my wife has decided that she has narrowed the boat names down to three and I have to pick one of the three. I liked all of the names that yall gave me but I listen to the boss. well I hope this poll works. Thank yall
    stephen

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I voted for "the dixie" but would drop the the and just use dixie.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I kinda like that 'Dixie' 2. :big_smile:
    Is you da man in Townville? I go through there several times a year. (And always abide by the speed limit:big_smile: ) I think it's a neat little place.

4. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    go ahead and speed if ya got a boc sticker i'm sure he wouldn't give ya more than a verbal warning

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I agree with DIXIE without the( THE).Best of luck chosing a finally name.

6. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Well I have good news Townville doesnt have a P.D. and the only people I have ever seen sitting out there are transport police which I think the governor was or has gotten rid of. I work at Clemson University. I am state police. Plus I usally dont pull anyone over unless you are going 15 over. So I am not telling you to speed but I dont think you have anything to worry about.
    Stephen

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Whew! Thanks. Just kidding, I do follow the laws pretty close. I will fudge a little on clear roads sometimes though. I use that route to get over to clayton, ga on my way to murphy, nc. That's the shortest route for me, and it's a relief from that boring interstate riding.
    Hope you enjoy that boat, Stephen. :smile2:

8. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    boy the race for the name it tight 4 to 4. I am afraid this going to be difficult.

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Well, being from the south, Dixie sounds like it would just fit the bill...er..boat.

10. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I agree with "Dixie". Good luck with her!

11. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Dixie is starting to take a big lead keep voting everyone thanks
    stephen

12. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i vot swamp fox but that reminds me of my friends dads boat called it :lol: "the used trojan"lmao

13. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I like Swamp Fox, But i'm a yankee not a dixie so my vote doesn't really count. :big_smile:

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Is your wifes name Dixie?If it is call the boat the "Dixie Chick" Probably get you stoned on the launch ramp by Irate Republicans but oh well!!!!!:tounge_out: :big_smile: :lol:

15. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Stephen, I kinda like the sound of 'Dixie' myself. Congratulations on the new rig.

st

16. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    that swamp fox sure does have a nice ring to it so it gets my vote

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Stephen.....I voted Dixie, because the Swamp Fox to me will ALWAYS be a roller coaster in Myrtle Beach, SC :big_smile:. People name boats all kinds of things these days, but there's nothin' wrong with a good old-fashioned lady's name, and Dixie sure sounds like a southern belle to me. :smile2:

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I voted for Swamp Fox or Dixie. I like em both

I call my boat, " My Boat":big_smile:

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tanya,did you know that Myrtle Beach is finally doing away with that whole arcade area?:sad2: The real estate is to valuable to use for that purpose anymore.No more roller coaster etc etc Kind of sad I think,but thats progress.I sure enjoyed all the time I squandered away there in my mis-guided youth ooooogling all those pretty southern belles.Permanently disfigured my eyeballs as proper oooogling ain't easy!!!!:lol: :smile2: :wink:

20. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Those G3's are some nice boats!
    What size and brand motor did you get with it?