Boat music

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by powercat, Feb 4, 2007.

1. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    My grandson thinks that catfish bite better if we have country music playing. (Thanks Steve Brown). Just interested in what you folks have in your boats to play music.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    There is usually too much "JAW JACKIN" or snorein to bother with music. LOL!

3. 710split

710split New Member

State:
    iowa
    We bought a new 19' Jon boat last year and installed a stereo with 4 speakers. (We seem to do more boatin than fishin as we get older.)

#1) We had a slow year last year. Hard to believe sound attracts fish.

#2) Maybe 10-15 years ago, I read somewhere that fish were attracted to women singers with deep voices.

#3) If anyone ever discovers the magic sound to attract fish, we'll have it made in the shade.

4. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    Mayby that is what I need. I bought a new boat last fall without a sound system and looking for ideas.

5. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    The fish in my avatar was caught while listening to country music, deepest water nearby was maybe 8', so I don't think it hurts any.
    Greg

6. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    come on fellas. we all know that catfish only bite when there's some good ol' METAL PLAYING! ;) that was just for all you old timers out there, am i pinchin' your nerves yet? :embarassed:

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    No offense to anyone, but this makes about as much sense as playin' bluegrass in a treestand.:tounge_out:

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    95.7 "The Ride"

70's rock and roll. Classic tunes. :lol:

9. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Ive caught large numbers of cats while listening to country music, but all my big cats were caught while Metal was on. Dont really know if theres a connection or not, but I like to think so :lol:

10. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    if i listen to music wile fishing its always hard rock non of that country stuff

11. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Got to listen to the ball game. With a cold malted beverage!!!

12. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Most of the time I fish during the week so I listen to talk radio. The fish seem to love it.

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Never really had the urge to listen to music while fishing. I like the peace and quiet it provides. Conversation with my fishing buddy is good enough for me.

14. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    For my money, nothing beats listening to some Hank williams jr, Merle haggard, or David Coe when catfishing.

15. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Dang right Boss Hogg nothen brings in the cats like some good ol Hank Jr. Merl and Waylon and maybe some David allan Coe and skynard.

16. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    nobody said anything about "gangsta Rap"????:lol:

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    My radio just plays country. Won't pick up "gangsta rap"!!!

18. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    I put on the Carpenters everytime I get in the boat and very rarely don't limit out. The key is to keep the speakers face down in the bottom of the boat. Within a half hour or so the fish fall asleep and float to the surface. That's when I grab the net and scoop them up. They are pretty angry when they wake up, but that's when I face the speakers towards the live well, and they just fall asleep all over again. I don't even take a pole. Also, if you don't have to rough of a ride home they will sleep the whole way back. Got ya!!!

19. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Plug in some Ted Nugent, and your catch ratio will go way up. They love that Cat Scratch Feaver.lol

20. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Boat music? The scream of the reel for lead singer, the groan of the net instead of rhythm guitar, and the thump of the monster on the floor of the boat for drums! It's gotta be a #1 hit!!!