Boat Motor in Hospital.

Discussion in 'Boating' started by MRR, Oct 5, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Finally took my boat & Motor down to a fellow in Winfield ,Mo. to get the motor fixed. It had been sitting in my yard since Sept of last year.Finally broke down and decieded to get it fixed. Found out what the main problem was (Brain went dead on it) That was 400 bucks by it's self (ouch) then I had him redo the carbs on it ,plus he had to work on the plug wires. So far he said it's gonna cost around 7-800 bucks. Hopefully I won't have to worry about being towed in like last summer.Bad thing about a boat ,if it quits you don't get out and walk very far. :roll_eyes: Hopeing to be able to get it back next weekend..

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    It'll be good to have you back on the water John. Later Andy

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    John, if by the "brain" your referring to the power pack, you may be paying way too much. Unless this guy is charging you two or three hundred an hour labor. I'd recommed everyone ask BubbaKat what the possible chrarge would be on their repairs before they get taken. Seems like a new powerpack for an Evinrude runs about $150.00 and maybe 50 or 60 per hour labor. To diagnosis and replace the powerpack should be less than an hour labor. But, I guess if your happy with it, we are happy for you.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey John, How are you? I was wondering if you ever got your boat back yet. Ther are fish still waiting to be caught yet. Later Andy