Boat lighting question

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Catfish Hunt3r, May 22, 2009.

1. Catfish Hunt3r

Catfish Hunt3r New Member

State:
    IL
    Does anyone know of some good bright LEDs to use for night fishing that will light the sky and a place to get them. I seen some at a tourney I was in and thought it was a good idea and probably wouldn't use any juice. Or if someone has a better idea I would love to hear it! Thanks!!

-Chad

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I wouldn't do it unless I was bank fishing. USCG regulations are fairly explicate as to what lighting you can have at night on a boat. But, it is up to the individual boat operator to know and COMPLY with these regulations, which, I believe, all states have adopted and supplemented.

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Check out http://bluewaterled.com; I bought a set of 4 small led strips to put on the downward inside slope of my gunwales. I opted for blue in color. Price was reasonable and they put out pretty much light for small strips. Will not light the sky but should do well for the inside of the boat. I haven't installed them yet put did test one strip to see what it looked like. That was, I think, a 9 led light and it did good in my darkened dinning room at night.

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have red ones in mine at wally world they are like $10 a stick.

5. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    whatever you get remember at night bright lights attract bugs:crazy:

6. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Bright lights also ruin your night vision, making it harder to see that idiot that doesn't see you anchored up, not to mention when you get ready to move your boat.

7. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    i have red led strips in my boat they are great you can see them on my boat in my profile in the album section take a look:wink:

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Maybe this idiot can't see you because you don't have a bright light on? :wink: Pretty frustrating traveling at night and seeing anchor lights popping on as you get closer. What joy it is zig zagging back and forth as they turn on in front of you.

9. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois

DITTO!

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
  11. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Happens here all the time. It dont matter how many lights you have on the boat, somebody that has no business even having a row boat gets the biggest, fastest boat they can get. They go bar hopping all day, then go as fast as they can at night. Heck, they even run into people in broad daylight, so you know it aint got nothing to do with lighting. And then there is the unattentive boaters that walk away from the helm and rig fishing gear, or do whatever else, but dont pay attention to where they are going.

I agree that if you dont have the correct lighting on your boat that you are asking to get hit, but having the correct lighting doesn't make you invincible to getting hit either. I really wish you had to do a driving and get a license like in a car. It would stop some of the senseless accidents.

12. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    RED LIGHTS ARE EASY ON THE EYES FOR NIGHT.
    GREEN DOES NOT DRAW BUGGS.
    LEDS USE VERY LITTLE CURRENT AND U CAN GET THEM IN 12 VOLT D.C.

ME

13. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I don't know about that, how many idiots are on the roads and they mostly have licenses.

14. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    you aint liein the can get terible:confused2::angry: !!! shane