boat light

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by coltsfan, Sep 22, 2006.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    been messing around with putting some headlights on the front of my boat and finally said the heck with it.i went and bought me a VECTOR 3 MILLION CANDLEPOWER,TWIN OR SINGLE LAMP FLOODLIGHT.it also has 12 volt outlet on. it it can be charged by DC or AC. man is this thing bright.no problem seeing the bouys now.does anybody else have one how long do the batteries stay charged?oh yeah it was normally 47 bucks got it on sale for 32 at lowes.figure i could also use it for tracking my buck this year i hope

2. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I have never used one like that before, and I bet it makes it like daylight.lol. I have considered getting one of those lights like is on a cop car. That way I can direct the light with the twist of the handle. Think that would work?

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i thought about that to but i have mounting issues cause of my cover,so i went this route

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glenn, I have a unity roof mount on my boat,makes for hands free spotlight use. I added an aftermarket 250 watt bulb, which increased visabilty several hundred feet. The hands free and ruggedness are great advantages of a mounted light. Will get some pics and post in the next couple of days if you are interested.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I like the way Buck has his mounted and it does put out the light.
    I have a 5 million candle watt power one that plugs into the power source on the boat or on its own battery and it lights up the world. The internal battery is good for about thirty min or little less if constantly light.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have a spot light that is i think 2 million candle light, it also stays charged for about 30 minutes if constantly lit, it helps alot at night, especially if your tyring to tusk in close to the bank....My eyes start playing tricks on me at night time..so it really helps

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have one. It don't stay charged all that long. I would say about 20 min. or so. For fishing I just use a 1 million candle power spotlight. Added a 12v adapter to the boat. It's light weight and don't have to worry about the batteries dieing when I need it. They cost about 10 bucks.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City

I have a spotlight that is intended to Be mountd to an ATV. I just clamped it to My grab rail around My center console. swivels up and down, Left and right, works great. I'll take a pic in the morning and post it.