Boat is fubar

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by nitronostrils, May 14, 2009.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Thanks to last nights storms that rolled through. Usually the boat sat to the left of the black truck, lifted it up and banged into the garage door. The motor cover is MIA I looked in the neighbors set aside land and nowhere to be found. Totally demolished his machine shed, part of the metal sheeting was laying on the road way, some buried deep in the top of the trees. Insurance adjuster swamped with claims so patiently wait. Hopefully have a new boat before Junes vacation.

Attached Files:

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wow, that totally sucks.... Just totally craptastic!

3. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ouch that sucks!!

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry man, that bites. Hope they get you taken care of quickley.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Dang!!! Man Jer, ya never even had a scratch in the thing yet did ya...... Wow! that is a shame, glad your OK. Better get on that insurance fella, just like everyone else....... They sure don't wait on you when they send their bills out!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy sorry to hear of the damage to your boat. I hope the insurance will give you a decent settlement

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Those storms are something else you guys get out there in the mid-west. Definitely good to have the insurance.Those things can be replaced. Hopefully nobody was hurt with all the flying debri.

8. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeap got a claim # today, adjuster is suppose to be here Tuesday. Then I can go get the motor checked out only had 2.5 hrs on it. In the picture where you see the dent about 2ft back there's about a 6 inch hole, so more than likely this one will get trashed and just get a check cut. Poor fella didn't get to see much slime in its lifetime.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

If they tell ya the trailer is fine, (just a note) make sure you tell them that your taking it in to see if anything is bent on it, if not and you accept it, then you could have a bad trailing,:wink: trailer........ The round that went through here AGAIN tonight was no slouch either :eek:oooh:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sorry to hear this. :sad2:

11. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    Wow, some dent in that boat!! Hope your insurance is better than mine. We had a hail storm last year, what a headache.
    Time to do some boat shopping for you. Should be fun. Best of luck to you.

12. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Sorry to hear about the loss, hope you have good luck with the insurance. Hope there was no fine print in your insurance policy.

13. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear about your boat.

14. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Insurance called back with the figures, gave me full price for boat, trailer and just a little under full on trolling motor. The outboard is in the shop but won't get to check it out until sometime next week. I asked to buy back the boat/trailer and they just gave it to me to save expense from trying to find someone to pick it up. Order another boat Lowe 1448m should be here next Thurs and then spend vacation spec it out.

15. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    well buddy....at least you know the anchor works ok.....once it hit land...seems like the boat went no further...:smile2:....sucks....but gotta find something to smile aboot

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a deal Jer, like I said if ya want a hand with anything give me a call, might be able to knock out an extra day for ya..... what ya got fer parts, the trolling motor still there? need parts......LOL

I kind of figured as descent as you were getting treated they might make ya a good deal on the buy back, most don't want to mess with it.... strip every part ya can and put them up, one day you will get to own an old boat, LOL, and them parts are always nice to have handy.

17. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeah I'm gonna mount the rod holders totally different than using cb antenna brackets, don't get me wrong they were rock solid but everytime when docking the boat it would never fail one would catch the dock. So going for a internal mount design going on in the mind. Randy if ya gotta extra seat in the boat one day/nite during the 1st week of June for some flat headin that would be some help..there's no way I'd have the boat done during that week. I'll bring the Pepsi:wink:

18. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    You have my number bro.......... Gimme a call when ever your ready to scream at the boat, LMAO! Kasky should be going reel good by first week or two..... of course this dry spell you have been under may need to meet me at Coffeen for some Bass fishing, ya know, warm up for the biguns :smile2: :smile2:

19. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Ouch that is a bummer Jermemy. Hopefully the insurance co will take care of you. Good luck.

Tom

20. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Well I'm gonna try this again and see if this boat will last a year without mother natures help.

Attached Files: