Boat ideas

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Txhunter93, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Txhunter93

Txhunter93 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am looking for a boat and i can't decide what kind of boat to buy or what length or to get aluminum or fiberglass. any Recomindations?

2. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Several things to consider. What primarily will you be fishing for? Are you looking for a shallow water boat, lake boat, river boat, catfish, crappie, or bass boat? What type of water will you be fishing? How many people usually fish with you? What is your price range? Etc etc etc.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    where ya from in Texas?
    The reason that I ask is because that will determine what type of water you usually fish. Once you get 10posts PM me.

4. Txhunter93

Txhunter93 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am looking for a cattfish and bass boat and there will normally just be me and my dad and a friend or 2 so 4 people. my price range is 500 to 2000$. i am in high school so i dont have mutch money. I am from plano

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    If'n I was looking for my first boat in that price range I'd try to go with a 16 foot flatbottom alum. boat with around a 20 hp motor. Might have to be an older boat or even a 14 footer. Try craiglist.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    yeah, I would be looking for 14 or 16ft X-wide flatbottom with tiller motor in that price range. There should be several around Dallas area to Waco area well within your price range. To give example there was a 14 x-wide with 25hp motor for sale in waco for 1000 with trailer. It was good boat but ugly. This would be good for upto 4 people to fish. Best for just two though. I would be kinda leary about taking these into the big lakes on days with whitecaps though. They tend to be really rough on windy days.
    Good luck, and search Craigslist for some deals. Be sure to take it out and really run it before you buy