boat guide ons

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by chris dornbusch, Mar 17, 2008.

1. chris dornbusch

chris dornbusch New Member

State:
    iowa
    Have any of you guys made your own guide ons, if so what did you do?Any pics would be great.Thanx in advance for your help

2. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I actually bought mine. The best thing I've done to the trailer, makes loading a breeze. I could see you making them fairly simple though, they are just 2x4's, bracketing, and bent square tubing. 2x4's and brackets you could probably find at a home depot or something. Getting the tool to bend the square tubing might be difficult, but you might know someone who could weld two pieces at the correct angle.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Chris, attached (I hope) are picutres of the guides my friend FuzzFace and I fabricated for our boats. Both of these side rails keep the lights out of water when we launch. My boat is in the front and it really unloads/loads easily. The frame was made from 1 1/2" tubular metal on both boats. The boat in the rear has the lights extended fairly high, but there is no problem in launching or backing the trailer up and trying to tell where the boat is. LOL.

Attached Files:

4. chris dornbusch

chris dornbusch New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thanx for the replys,Im going to make mine this week.I wil;l post some pics when I fix the camera.

5. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Mine has the same type as Lawrence posted in his pictures.
    Works good!

6. squirrel

squirrel New Member

State:
    california
    I have a patent on trailer guides I have a telecopic bow guiding system and a rear telescopic guiding systems with thes two guides you will turn your trailer into a drive-on trailer.

The Claw System has telescopi arm so that you can place on a bigger boat or your buddies boat.

PM for additional information

Thanks Andy