Boat for ark river

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by stubhub, Nov 8, 2009.

1. stubhub

stubhub New Member

State:
    mulvane
    If i were to get a boat for the ark river, what should i look for and get? Probably used, but i've no idea what to get, ark river from wichita to oxford probably, and something i could use in lakes too
    flat bottom, john boat, pelicans, vbottoms, any help is appreciated

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I haven't been on the ark but I think it has some shallow spots. If thats the case then I would stick to smaller boats that you can drag if you need too. dont forget the square back canoes too.

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    When I lived in Florida we had a tunnel boat that would go in 6 inches of water,should work on Ark too.

4. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd say a flat bottom jon boat. Thats what I have and I've used it on the Arkansas River down around Ark City. Its got 9.8 hp outboard on it. I've actually been meaning to get it cleaned up and ready to sell for months, just haven't had an opportunity. How much are you wanting to spend:wink:?

5. stubhub

stubhub New Member

State:
    mulvane
    i dunno if i'm ready yet, but i might be interested, how long is it?

6. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Its a 14 footer. Its fairly new, I bought it 2 or 3 years ago so I think it was a 2007 model. I put a new motor on it the following year and used it maybe an average of once a weekend or less during that fishing season. This year its been in my garage all year, thats why I want to get rid of it.