boat fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by outdoors1988, Jun 30, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was wondering what kind of boat everyone fishes out of. A aluminum boat, pontoon, v-bottom, or bass boat. Which boat do you prefer for catin at night.

2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey Kevin , I used to fish out of a 21' center console boat that Was recently totalled in a auto accident . I have just purchased a pontoon boat 2 weeks ago , and I'll tell you hands down that you can not beet the amount of room on it . Not saying I didn't have room on my old boat , but the pontoon is a hole new ballgame . hope this helps you . :big_smile:

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have a 15' fiberglass bass style boat, but am lookin for a alum. boat w/jet for runnin the river:wink:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    21' Pontoon. Still making mods on it. Lots of room

5. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    I fish from a 16" aluminum boat but I seldom fish in the lake, mostly river fishing and it's works well in the river, get's a little rough in the lake a lot of boat traffix on Claytor.

6. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    16ft Bayliner Capri converted to a fishin boat:big_smile:

John

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a 15' aluminum homemade boat that my dad built in 97'..Me,my dad and brother caught tons of fish in this boat..Not to mention pulling a trawl and catching shrimp too..If I could ever get the 40 hp evinrude to run I'll be fishing out of it again soon..Sucks theirs no shrimp in Tennessee though..
    [​IMG]

8. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Nice boat Les, thanks for the pic. and for sharing the memories! Good luck with the motor, hope you can get her back on the water where she can make you some more memories!

9. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Steve..The boat was laid up for about 3 years so needless to say it took a lot of work and still needs more..Spent about 800 buck so far..I'm just tapped out cause I took a family vacation and the wife needed a new car...