Boat fishing vs. Shore fishing...

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by jkim546, Aug 18, 2008.

1. jkim546

jkim546 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    So i was wondering, do you guys think its worth it to spend like $50 extra bucks and rent a boat?

I usually fish locally with Irvine Lake and SARL being the most frequent for me simply because of location.

I havent had too much success at these lakes, and surely never limited either.
    So would you guys say its worth renting a boat or the shore is good enough?

:0a23:

Thanks!

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Well actually this depends because my understanding is that those are pay lakes correct? The shore should work maybe you need to try some different spots or approaches to catching them? What are you using right now? I have heard those places to kick out a lot of smaller fish but anyways I know that having a boat is better no matter how you look at it!!! you can cover more area and are able to explore a little see where other people are fishing in boats usually are some indications of spots to try and heck even asking around at the docks before you leave for some help IM SURE SOMEONE WILL GIVE YOU A HINT OR TWO PROMISE!!
    P.S.- SWEET AVATAR!!!!

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    WELCOME TO THE BOC BRO!!!! AND ASK BULLDOGBOOGER HE FISHES CORONA LAKE I THINK IS STOCKED WITH THE SAME FISH IM NOT SURE IF THAT COULD HELP BUT HE CATCHES THE HECK OUT OF THEM!!!!

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is nutter thought renting-how many times out befor you could own the boat-save up buy you a rig then you can take it anywhere you want-boat is definatly better like it has already been said although I bank once in awhile to...much wrather be in the boat you have better access to the water your on it and dont get crowded in with idiots....just my thoughts though fer all its worth!

5. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    MY POINT EXACTLY!!! THANKS FOR THE ADD IN OF PURCHASING CAUSE THAT 50 BUCKS WILL ADD UP QUICK!!!!!

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would look into buying . you can pick up a puddle jumper for any were from 100 to 250 ( 12 to 14 foot aluminum john) and a troling motor will pull you around a small lake just fine. I do both there are places I prefer a boat and there are places I can get to much faster by bank. they both have pros and cons. so get the small john and have a little of the best of both. hek sometimes its nice just to get out from bank away from all the other people.

7. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Thanks bulldog I mentioned you earlier because I know you fished the area and HEY 6 CATS IS AWESOME I ONLY CAUGHT 1 IN 2 TRIPS LOL

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    LOL HAHAHAHA I hate that sometimes you wonder what it is how they start biting and then bam hours on in with absolutely nothing

9. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I think it depends on where you're fishing too. Some places have a lot of area to fish from the bank. Some places are more boat friendly and there is not a lot of shore to fish from. But definitely boats are better. You can go wherever you want. You see a place you like, just ride over and drop your line. I don't even have a boat, but I would love to get one. I'm sure I will get one, but it will have to be an alluminum el cheapo. Don't matter how fast you get there as long as you get there.

10. jkim546

jkim546 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    thanks for the input guys, i knew i could count on y'all.

I have been looking into a boat also, but how easy is it to launch by yourself?

I remember reading on this site a while ago, i think it might have been from bulldogboogers, about launching the boat solo.
    How was that experience?

11. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Have you ever undone a kid in a carseat? EASIER THAN THAT LOL back the puppy down in the water still connected to your trailer just enough to where its almost floating....experiment to get the certain depth in you can mentally mark that and you will know your good when you get to that area anyways unhook the boat and with a rope connected push it off walk to the dock tie it off and bring the truck up and go fishing!!!!

12. jkim546

jkim546 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    hmm... them carseats are pretty tricky... :eek:oooh:

but thanks, this perspective actually makes it seem almost too easy. well then i guess the hard part is finding a good deal... craigslist it is!

13. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    THERE IS ONE FOR 325 WITH A FISHFINDER AND TROLLING MOTOR ACT FAST ITS PRETTY CHEAP I THINK YESTERDAYS CRAIGSLIST FRESNO AREA HE IS IN FRIANT NAMED RICHARD I AM INTERESTED ALSO

14. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    MODERATOR DELETE POST PLEASE BAD INFORMATION WRONG AREA FOR HIM TO GET THE BOAT PLEASE DELETE