Boat Fillet Table/Bait Board

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by catfishcentral, Jan 3, 2009.

1. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I prefer when I fillet fish for the table to just do them in the boat on the water. I hate having to come home and clean them and carrying or burying the caresses. The main problem for me at least is finding a comfortable position to clean my fish. I'll set up my fillet table on a ice chest but can never get the right height to be comfortable.

This might not be a new idea but it's simply and makes cleaning my fish on the boat so much easier. All that I did is simply take a boat seat mount and drill four holes and put some bolts, lock washers and nuts. I can also use it on my back seat hole for my bait board. Simply and easy.

Attached Files:

2. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    One other pic for the back of the boat. Can swing it one way to put fish in the livewell and swing closer the other way to cut bait.

Attached Files:

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Good post on the bait board! Also curious about your rod holders....who makes those??

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    great looking bait board. I have been considering doing the same thing with one of my rod holder bases.

5. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Great idea, Chris, where did you get the material for the board? Here in Bartlesville, or elsewhere?

6. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    There's a guy on ebay that makes those driftmaster type rod holders. They look just as good if not better that driftmaster IMO. You can get them in 0, 30 and 45 degree angles and different heights also. He make other types also 48.00 or less for six holders and bases is a great deal. I've ordered from him twice and have been very happy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Package-of-6-He...|66:3|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:100

7. catfishcentral

State:
    OK

Ron,

I'm not quite sure where that one was purchased but mine came from the wife's kitchen.:crazy: She was so happy that I used it to cut shad and catfish she let me have it. I've seen some smaller boards at Lowes before but I'm sure some kitchen type of store in Tulsa sells those cutting boards. When it gets real nasty it gets a good cleaning at the car wash along with the boat and it looks good as new.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris thanks for sharing a great idea. Appreciated.

9. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    My pontoon had a padded top on the cover of the motor surround that I replaces with a cutting board. It works great, but I found out after the fact its illegal to clean fish on the boat in Kansas. :crazy:

Attached Files:

10. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    This, I like.

ChinaMart has all of the cutting boards you can imagine, for cheap.

11. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Very nice! I was wondering about doing the same thing! I like the idea!

12. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    looks like a good cutting board. It is illegal to clean fish on the water in Alabama, but you can cut bait on it.
    I made bait table for my boat some time back, I like yours better.

13. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    If you are looking for cutting board material search for "cutting board" here:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

I bought some cutting board from them. Very high quality, and you can get many different sizes and a few different colors too. I needed one a little bigger than stores here carry, so i bought a piece bigger than i needed, cut a big piece for my fish cleaning table, a big cutting board for the kitchen and made some small ones for the boat. This stuff is really easy to cut with a circular saw.