boat covers

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by catfish9, Sep 13, 2008.

1. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I cant find a cover that will fit my boat.its a 16 ft lowe with a 25 on it.nothing special but every cover I have put on it has not worked,it was eeither to loose or it just didn't fit.ANY ideas?

Attached Files:

• 153.jpg
      153.jpg
      File size:
      43.3 KB
      Views:
  2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas

3. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I have measured it many ways and because of the seats that are in it I can't find any that will fit it.The covers all catch water in them and eventually tear.Thanks for the reply:0a31:

4. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Well I don't know what to tell you.

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    You might have to put a couple cover props to help pick up the low spots. Plus don't put it on to tight that will cause it to tear.

6. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Try using thru hull fittings in your cover at the places where it holds water, then run hose from the fittings to the bilge, and let it run out the drain. Ya just gotta keep the leafs out of it so it can flow. If you want perfect fit you'll have to get custom made.$$$$$

7. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    position your seats in a way that water will run off and it will work.

8. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    are you covering it on a trailer? I have a very similar lowe 16' jon that i got a cover from cabelas for a 17-18' boat... if i cinch it down tight it works great... Unfortunately a store bought cover is never going to fit perfectly though... custom made cover is the only way to do that.