Boat Covers

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by kitsinni, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I need to buy a new boat cover for my Tracker Pro Guide V-16. I tried to skimp on my last one and it didn't even last 6 months before it was shredded. I am looking for advice on a new boat cover. What to look for and what to stay away from? This boat is going to stay outside with a cover on it so it will see rain/snow/ice etc. I know some covers cost as much as a small boat so I am not sure what to buy. One I can keep on while driving would be preferred but not mandatory. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Niko Tracker makes a cover designed for that boat. Probably offered in different thickness. I would buy the thickest design offered from them.

3. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Check out Cabela's. I guess they're getting out of selling boat covers because they've been having them less than 1/2 price.

I don't care what kind of cover it is I'm not going to be driving down the road with it on.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Gonna keep an eye on this thread. Just got the very same boat myself.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Dont get a STEARNS brand. Its a popular name but their covers rip easy and they suck. Had one that only lasted about 2 weeks until the 1st big windy day and it ripped in 4 different places.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I am planning on just getting some custom covers. Not for the entire boat though. I just want to cover my seats with some QUALITY, snap-in/on covers to keep my seats dry.

My seats soak up rainwater like a sponge:angry: and it takes 2 weeks to dry it out. Nothing worse that a wet arse all day when fishing!!!!

They'll be trailerable and small enough to stow in the boats dry storage when I am on the water.

Was in the plans this year but (as usual), the modification budget for the CAT SASS was blown again this year! Rolled back to 2010.:confused2:

7. Tim70

Tim70 New Member

State:
    Maplewood, Missouri
    check out iboats.com

8. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    This is were I got mine and I like it. I'll be water proofing it again just to be safe!

9. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Proper fit is almost as important as the material. If its flopping around in the wind, or getting full of water, and sagging, its getting wear & tear. If you can afford it, custom made, with good quality material is your best bet.

10. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Man skipeye you know I need a good cover. I keep my boat garaged at all times when I'm not fishing, so a travel cover is what I need. As you have said before the trip down to the Foley ramp on that dusty road and a nice clean green boat becomes a gray ghost......:crazy:. I just haven't made up my mind what to get yet.